Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Israeli attempt to assassinate all 3 top Hamas leaders fails due to weak missiles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:sarcasm:
    So let's not try to kill Osama, since it would inflame the Arab Street(tm), also.
    :sarcasm:

Last edited by Edan; September 6, 2003, 20:49.
    "I read a book twice as fast as anybody else. First, I read the beginning, and then I read the ending, and then I start in the middle and read toward whatever end I like best." - Gracie Allen

Comment

It's not a problem if you negotiate with it to no possible end!

Comment

Siro:

Where did you get the source picture for that russian weasel thing?

Comment

Re: Re: Israeli attempt to assassinate all 3 top Hamas leaders fails due to weak missiles

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat

With targets of that importance, drop the ****ing building and apologize about the civilian casualties.
          Easy to say when you are sipping Cuba Libres in Cabo or Tijuana or wherever you are.

Sorry, but you can't apologize to dead people. On the other hand, if those who kill civilians are willing to submit themselves to Palestinian "justice" afterwards, then I'll respect their sacrifice for the good of their nation. But an apology don't count unless your subsequent actions show demonstrable sorrow at your actions.
          - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
          - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
          - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Israeli attempt to assassinate all 3 top Hamas leaders fails due to weak missiles

Originally posted by The Templar

Easy to say when you are sipping Cuba Libres in Cabo or Tijuana or wherever you are.
            And just as easy to do whenever and wherever, cowboy.

Sorry, but you can't apologize to dead people. On the other hand, if those who kill civilians are willing to submit themselves to Palestinian "justice" afterwards, then I'll respect their sacrifice for the good of their nation. But an apology don't count unless your subsequent actions show demonstrable sorrow at your actions.
            Sure you can. Doesn't mean you actually mean it, but the world expects a little spin control.
            When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Israeli attempt to assassinate all 3 top Hamas leaders fails due to weak missiles

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat

And just as easy to do whenever and wherever, cowboy.
              I live in New York - you know, a place that terrorists actually attacked. How about you come up here and talk about fake apologies to victims - I know just the bar you can give your little speech to, cowboy.

Sure you can. Doesn't mean you actually mean it, but the world expects a little spin control.

Yeah, real cool. I'm sure that's what the *******s who suicide bomb buses are saying to themselves. How about this - the average Israeli and Palestinian just wants to live prosperously in peace. Every time some jackass with an agenda blows up regular people just trying to live in dignity those regular people just get more pissed off. Real smart.
              - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
              - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
              - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Israeli attempt to assassinate all 3 top Hamas leaders fails due to weak missile

Originally posted by The Templar
                I live in New York - you know, a place that terrorists actually attacked. How about you come up here and talk about fake apologies to victims - I know just the bar you can give your little speech to, cowboy.
                And if you're so confused that you can't distinguish between:

A limited strike with collateral casualties of at most a few dozen civilians while taking out the three top leaders of a terrorist organization which has declared itself at war with you permanently for all intents and purposes and dedicated itself to killing hundreds of your civilians;

from a terrorist attack aimed at no military target and intended to cause the highest possible amount of casualties,

then you're not as smart as I thought.

Yeah, real cool. I'm sure that's what the *******s who suicide bomb buses are saying to themselves. How about this - the average Israeli and Palestinian just wants to live prosperously in peace. Every time some jackass with an agenda blows up regular people just trying to live in dignity those regular people just get more pissed off. Real smart.
                If the "average Palestinian" wants to "live in peace" why are they actively aiding, abetting and supporting Hamas? How many more people you figure will keep dying because those three *******s managed to survive? The opportunity to take them out all at once may not come again.
                When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Where did you get the source picture for that russian weasel thing?

I think someone posted it on Poly a while ago, and I liked it and kept it. Then I made an avatar out of it.

Gepap - 2 things.

1st : It isn't the first time Israel refrains itself from using more serious weapons. My point is that we are trying to minimize casualties all the time, but you still criticize us as if we were completely disrespectful and didn't care about the civilians.

The fact is that we do. So much, that when we know we could hit someone, we risk not reaching out goal (the assassination) just so that we won't kill innocent people.

But this all inspite of the fact that we don't have to take this precaution. Rules of warfare allow militaries to attack militants who hide in civilians populations. From what I read it specifically says that it's ok, to prevent the use of human shield as an effective method for defense.

But you and the rest of your commie friends, judge us by different sets of standards.

2nd: A political solution is great... when you are dealing with rational people.

What you don't seem to get, for years now, is that the fanatics are not rational. That's why they are called fanatics. It rhymes with lunatics - on purpose .

You can not and will not have a political solution to terrorism.

The only solutions to terrorism were achieved by brute military force. Syria wiped out a village full of people, and thus destroyed the Muslim Brotherhood in Syria.

The USSR has stopped itself from being a PLO target, by capturing some of their seniours, cutting them into tiny pieces and mailing them to the rest.

Israel has so far not went as far, which is why terrorism persists.

We are still on a journey, seeking for the most decisive action you can take to stop terrorism, without comitting absolute atrocities.

Comment

Siro: where did you get the Russkie Otter?

Comment

The Israelis are going nuts. Messing with Yassin is a sure way to get busloads of suicide bombers into their territory.

And Siro, your arguments are really frightening. Fighting against terrorism does never justify using terrorist tactics yourself, unless you have no problem of being characterised a terrorist state.

No peace can be brought to the area unless a serious UN peacekeeping force is allowed to intervene. Israel should be under an international embargo, until it permits the international community to enforce peace in the area.

Now you can see why the whole idea of international peacekeeping is problematic. Power politics makes it all futile.

That's a truth that the Palestinians understand very well and that's what's keeping them struggling. They know that if they want freedom, they have to make the Israelis bleed. There is no other option for them. Sad but true.
                      "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
                      George Orwell

Comment

Axi:

Syria and Iran are terrorist states. Saudi Arabia is one in all but name. Until recently, what consequences have any of them suffered?

Seriously.
                        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

BTW, what have the UN units in Lebanon done about Hezbollah rocket attacks into northern Israel?
                          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

That's great, we're all sitting around Apolyton OTF taking advice in international politics from a Greek and Communist.

Comment

Make it stop

Noooooo

Comment

The belief that the terrorists can be defeated by military means is one of the main reasons this conflict keep on going.

Comment

Working...
                                X