Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Israeli attempt to assassinate all 3 top Hamas leaders fails due to weak missiles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Israeli attempt to assassinate all 3 top Hamas leaders fails due to weak missiles

Today Israel has got word of a secret meeting between the three topmost Hamas leaders, including the sheik Ahmed Yassin, spiritual leader and founder of Hamas.

Intelligence warned that the building is not empty of civilians, and furthermore there are many civilians in the sorrounding area, and a large bomb could possibly kill at least several civilaisn.

After fast paced negociations between the chief of staff, and minister of defense, it was decided to use smaller missiles with weaker charges, to hit the Hamas leaders distictly, and avoid any civilian casualties.

When the missiles hit, the Hamas leadership happenned to be in the stairsroom and were all merely slightly wounded.

As a result - no one was killed at all, and no innocent civilians suffered. However, all 3 topmost leaders are alive, bruised and angry.

First, I hope this will mark the last time anyone, ever opens his mouth at Israel, claiming that the IDF uses disproportionate power in the attaks on Hamas leaders.

Second, I wish to ask what you all think and what you have done in this case.

Israel risked killing no one of it's 3 utter topmost targets, in order to possibly save several palestinian lives.

This even though, according to the Geneva conventions AFAIK, the presense of militants in hiding in civilian areas, does not hinder the rights of a persuing army to target them. AFAIK the Geneva convention blames all civilian casulaties on the side whose militants are taking cover among civilian population (in this case - the Palestinians).

You should have used cluster bombs.
    Blah

Comment

How come IDF never uses commandoes to go kill these guys?
      We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Because these guys maybe shoot back then
        Blah

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
          Because it would invole many minutes on the ground likely creating "civilian" mobs and many casualties the the pals in the crossfire.
          Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
          Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
          "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
          From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

I'm sure the Palestinians are happy
            Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
            Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Thanks Siro! I'll use this to hopefully impress my Israeli desire
              Attached Files

Comment

Because it takes time to insert an adequate number of commandos.
                When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Re: Israeli attempt to assassinate all 3 top Hamas leaders fails due to weak missiles

Originally posted by Sirotnikov Second, I wish to ask what you all think and what you have done in this case.
                  With targets of that importance, drop the ****ing building and apologize about the civilian casualties.
                  When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Re: Re: Israeli attempt to assassinate all 3 top Hamas leaders fails due to weak miss

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat

With targets of that importance, drop the ****ing building and apologize about the civilian casualties.
                    No kidding - was there a high school sized day care on the first floor, or something?

Comment

We do it in the West Bank because there the entire territory is under IDF control, with outposts and soldiers everywhere. So even if you need to insert commandoes into the middle of Nablus, it is done (relatively) easily.

If you had noticed, since Defensive Shield, when the entire WB was re-occupied, there were no helicopter/planes assasinations in the WB, while before the operation most of the assasinations were there.
                      "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

We do.

Just a day ago an Israeli seal commando was killed in Hebron while taking out a senior Hamas operative. The operative, the military commander of the Hebron wing, was eventually killed.

But at a cost of an Israeli seal commando.

Furthermore, Israel can only activate commandos in areas which are relatively peaceful / under tight Israeli control.

Gaza is not such a place... yet.

Another example of a commando operation:

Just a week or two ago, IDF noticed that Islamic Jihad had set up an HQ on the top floor of a Hospital in Ramallah (iirc). Snipers shot and wounded some of the IJ operatives, who were then quitte quickly admitted to the hospital.

After a day or two, an IDF rangers group raided the hospital, arresting the IJ operatives, and transferring them to an Israeli hospital using a military ambulance. The guards were stunned. The shocked doctors were asked to give the IDF doctors a debriefing on the situation of the IJ people.

No kidding - was there a high school sized day care on the first floor, or something?

not that I know of, but knowing the Hamas tactics of hiding - very probably.

Comment

Originally posted by Zylka
                          Thanks Siro! I'll use this to hopefully impress my Israeli desire
                          Firstly, make sure you know her leanings. If you go around telling how they should have used more bombs to a lefty... you'll find yourself alone.

Also, I expect to see something in return if I ever lay eyese on a Candian

Comment

Uh oh

Comment

Time for an intense clean up, via the example of Mikey's post OH "

Comment

Working...
                              X