Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Israeli attempt to assassinate all 3 top Hamas leaders fails due to weak missiles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why don't you guys just take military control of these areas. And secure them with troops on the streetcorners. Do sweeps for weapons. And if you find people with weapons put them in jail. And why do you have Pals in Gaza. move them to the West Bank.

Comment

I doubt Israel has enough troops to put them at every street corner. + I guess such spreading of troops would make them easier vulnerable = causalities.

Not to speak of the picture it draws...
      If its no fun why do it? Dance like noone is watching...

Comment

That may happen now -- Bush may be letting them take the gloves off.
        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Just pacify the territories. Aren't Gaza and the West Bank part of Isreal? conquered territory?

Comment

Generally... I appreciate how Israel tries to minimize casualties among civilians. However, with people as important as these as target, I think that using a heavier bomb that would destroy the building completely would be justified.

And mind you, Geneva convention or not, everyone would blame Israel.
            Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
            I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Serves them right for letting the PLO get away in Lebanon in 1981.

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro
                You should have used cluster bombs.
                No, Napalm.
                http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Somehow, I am beginning to believe that the commanders who planned this mission did not have the welfare of the Israeli people as their top priority.
                  http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Please....yeah, cause one time Israel decided not to use too much force, we are never to criticize if they use too much force in the future..wait, NO

Too bad...now this day is only a bad one and not a disasterous one.....
                    If you don't like reality, change it! me
                    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

...because they attempted to kill Hamas leaders?

Comment

Yes, it is only bad becuase they attempted to kill the leaders and failed. It would have been disasterous if they had succeeded. The disruption to actual attacks might last a few months if these guys died, but the organization would be rebuilt anyway..the damage to the political side would be immense.

Comment

The disruption to actual attacks might last a few months if these guys died, but the organization would be rebuilt anyway..

So should terrorist leaders be allowed to live just because other terrorists would still be out there?
                          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

If that means less Israeli and Palestinian dead, YES.

What will end the killing is a political solution, not a military one (which is impossible). All you can do with a military one is let the violence simmer, to boil over here and there. What image do you think the Palestinains would draw of an 80 year old guy on a wheelchair!? If you want to have Hama's support jump dramatically up, by all means kill this guy. Oh, and then invade Gaza and have a bloodbath..and after that, you can have all these endless hunts for Hamas people (heck, somehow Hamas surives in the West Bank with the IDF sitting on it, why would things be any different in Gaza?)

Comment

GePap, the problem, though, is that a political solution is impossible until Hamas is defeated or controlled. The PA needs to clamp down on Hamas as well. That is why Abbas resigned. He could never get control of the PA police and military so that he could go after Hamas.

With your attitude, we should never fight terrorism. We should find out what they want and do it. Right?

Comment

You know... I think I finally understand the Universe in a simple equation:

These same basic polar arguments about Israel/Palestine = Not going to ever go away

Comment

Working...
                                X