Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

California Legislature Passes law allowing Illigeal Alliens to get Drives Licenses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oerdin
    This is all about getting more votes for the Democratic party. Since all that is required to register to vote is a Driver's licence the DP thinks some of the 3 million illegals in the state will register (illegally) but will end up voting for them.

Remember when fairness and the national good came before partisan politics? Right, neither do I but supposedly it used to happen sometime in the past.
    Yeah I think that is the main reason the Democrats supported this bill, to get more votes for the party from illigeals. Also I heard some of the democratics who debated in the legislature, and they ridiculed those who had concerns and say that since Illigeal Alliens know its illigeal for them to vote that they will not vote. So they are saying that simply because its illigeal no one will do it.
    Donate to the American Red Cross.
    Computer Science or Engineering Student? Compete in the Microsoft Imagine Cup today!.

Comment

They obviously don't know what the word Illegal means
      Monkey!!!

Comment

The horror! God forbid that the state shoule encourage people who are going to drive anyways, to learn how to first!
        "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
        -Bokonon

Comment

Originally posted by Ramo
          The horror! God forbid that the state shoule encourage people who are going to drive anyways, to learn how to first!
          First off its not that hard to drive.
          Second they could have put safeguard in that would prevent terrorist from getting a license and that would prevent Illigeals from voting, but they did not.
          Donate to the American Red Cross.
          Computer Science or Engineering Student? Compete in the Microsoft Imagine Cup today!.

Comment

They shouldn't be driving anyways. Anyone who is pulled over w/o a liscense should have their car taken and should be required to show proof of citizenship before they are let go. If they can't do that, boot 'em to the curb.

It's the wrong law to prevent the problem.
            Monkey!!!

Comment

First off its not that hard to drive.
              So? The driver's license exists to ensure that someone can drive.

Second they could have put safeguard in that would prevent terrorist from getting a license and that would prevent Illigeals from voting, but they did not.

1. A terrorist? The people who participated in the WTC attack were here legally. Most of the people involved in terrorist attacks in the US are backed up well financially. If they really wanted to, they'd have absolutely no problem getting a fake driver's license.
              2. You need proof of citizenship to vote. A driver's license isn't proof of citizenship. You need a social security card or a birth certificate.

They shouldn't be driving anyways.
              And that's your opinion. Thankfully, not everyone in California is xenophobic.
              Last edited by Ramo; September 4, 2003, 15:37.
              "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
              -Bokonon

Comment

If Xenophobia is being afraid of someone who is not liscensed to be driving on our roads, and is uninsured... than I guess I am.
                Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_www
                  So they are saying that simply because its illigeal no one will do it.
                  And all of the people we are talking about are already criminals who have commited felonies before.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

This is all about getting more votes for the Democratic party. Since all that is required to register to vote is a Driver's licence the DP thinks some of the 3 million illegals in the state will register (illegally) but will end up voting for them.
                    I'll have to call bull**** on that. Are you trying to tell me that every legal alien can vote?
                    -Bokonon

Comment

If Xenophobia is being afraid of someone who is not liscensed to be driving on our roads, and is uninsured... than I guess I am.
                      So let me get this straight. You don't want illegal immigrants to be able to get driver's licenses because you don't want unlicensed drivers driving on our roads.
                      -Bokonon

Comment

And that's your opinion. Thankfully, not everyone in California is xenophobic.
                        Ramo, before you go callling Japher Xenopobic maybe you should see that he's basing his argument upon the claim that people should respect and follow the law. So how is it xenopobic to ask that people should follow the law and not commit felonies?

Comment

The law is immoral, and ought to be defied.
                          -Bokonon

Comment

Stay in Texas Ramo...

Giving illegals more rights make legality less right and therefore defies the whole point for me to be citizen, pay taxes, work hard, and do what I have been told I is right... not break the law.

The solution to preventing ILLEGAL aliens from driving illegally is to not legalize ILLEGAL driving, it's to uphold the law that exists, which seems to be being ignored. Not even addressing the fact that these ppl are not even suppose to be in this country in the first place! Why are we giving them more rights!

Drunk driving is a big problem in the states. So, instead of continuing to bust drunk drivers, lets just make it legal
                            Monkey!!!

Comment

The law is immoral, and ought to be defied.
                              Please explain why immagration and naturalization is immoral. BTW You didn't answer the question of how asking people to respect democratically imposed laws is xenophobic. Can you please do so? I'd like to understand your position.

Comment

The uninsured issue is relevant here, no? Can an illegal immigrant get insurance? If not, they cannot drive.

The point is that this is a stupid law. Either you change the immigration laws and make these people legal aliens or grant them citizenship, or you deport them! What the ****! Illegal immigrants, by definition, are here illegally, and thus should not be getting driver's licenses. The idea of licensing people who, according to a different law, shouldn't even BE HERE, to drive doesn't strike you as insane, Ramo?

If you believe that these people should be allowed to stay, then it's immigration law you need to get changed. Not licensing laws. This is bizarre.

-Arrian
                                grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Working...
                                X