Cal. Senate: Illegal doesn't really mean Illegal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Caligastia
    Prevention is better than cure. If the borders were properly enforced we wouldn't even be having this discussion.
    Sure we would, you'd just be doing it from New Zealand, you god-damned foreigner!
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara

Actually they do. Most of the taxes poor and working people pay are use taxes, not income taxes.
      Who are these "working people"? If you make more than a certain amount of money are you no longer considered to be working for it??
      ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
      ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

I'm glad it's happening in California.
        Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
          Yeah, Che, but I can create an identity this way as many illegals don't have any proof of their identity before getting a liscence.
          Well that's problematic. That makes it possible for anyone to create a fake id, like say, terrorists. On the other hand, maybe I should head to Cali to get my fake identity so I can hide when Bush decides he's gonna be president for life.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I'm moving
            Monkey!!!

Comment

Sure we would, you'd just be doing it from New Zealand, you god-damned foreigner!

I hate to break it to you, but I actually came here legally. Yes, some people do actually try to obey the law.

Comment

Who are these "working people"? If you make more than a certain amount of money are you no longer considered to be working for it??
                After a certain amount, you are no longer working for your money, other people are.

Comment

Well that's problematic. That makes it possible for anyone to create a fake id, like say, terrorists. On the other hand, maybe I should head to Cali to get my fake identity so I can hide when Bush decides he's gonna be president for life.
                  Exactly my concern. That is why I think if it passes the Federal Government will come in and throw Davis out themselves for endangering the lives of Americans... Freakin' state senate too.
                  Monkey!!!

Comment

so I can hide when Bush decides he's gonna be president for life.

I smell a paraniod conspiracy theorist.

Comment

I hate to break it to you, but I actually came here legally.
                      You do realize that many people don't want to allow in any immigrants.

The problem is with the law. We don't have a high enough quota for Mexicans. Course, there's probably less of a market for legal Mexican labor. You know that if no one would hire them, they wouldn't come. Millions of people are providing them jobs. Attack the demand, not the supply.

Comment

After a certain amount, you are no longer working for your money, other people are.

What a ridiculous thing to say. So a high-level programmer making 300k is not actually working? Please.

...and what is this magic amount?

Comment

Attack the demand, not the supply.
                          O.k. Che, stop eating so much food you freakin' pig!!!
                          Monkey!!!

Comment

You do realize that many people don't want to allow in any immigrants.
                            Many people? I didn't think that many people voted for Pat Buchanan...

The problem is with the law. We don't have a high enough quota for Mexicans.
                            I don't have a problem with bringing more in legally.

Course, there's probably less of a market for legal Mexican labor.
                            You seem to contradict this below...I guess you were just "thinking aloud".

You know that if no one would hire them, they wouldn't come. Millions of people are providing them jobs. Attack the demand, not the supply.

Comment

What a ridiculous thing to say. So a high-level programmer making 300k is not actually working? Please.

...and what is this magic amount?
                              When I meet a programmer making that much money, I'll be impressed. I've heard of such people, but never actually met one. Most likely his job has been exported to India for 10,000 a year.

In all seriousness, professionals like laywers, doctors, and programmers are not part of the equation. We're able to charge so much for our services because we there is a limited amount of us. However, as the above flippancy shows, that is not going to continue forever. India Institute of Technology puts out world class programmers, as good as, and some even better, than the best America has to offer.

Comment

I think Cali ment 300k in $NZ which is like $US200/year
                                Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X