No announcement yet.

I live on an interesting block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why thrice? because it's in his username, post and sig?

Comment

That's one of the reasons I said it that way. There's another as well.
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
        Towson is not in Baltimore. Towson is in Baltimore County.
        Ok, Mr. Pedantic. Towson is in Baltimore the same way living in Alexandria is living in DC. It's metropolitan area.

I'm in Charles Village, 5 blocks from the front entrance to school.
        Hmm, one can get nice prewar apartments around there. A former colleague of mine had a huge 3-bedroom on St. Paul's street for something like $800 a month.
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Hey Kitty, my friend from biophys, both him and his girl had brownstones in Baltimore. they might be interested in renting to students. Want me to check? how is your housing? What about next year?

Comment

I'm set on a 2 year lease, and am happy with it. After 2 years I'll probably have my girlfriend for a roommate, and given the amount of moolah she's pulling in, I'm sure we can find something.

If the place is nice and is in a decent neighbourhood I might be interested around 2005 (location won't matter that much by then cause I plan to buy a car at some point in the intermediate (1-2 years) future.
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov

Ok, Mr. Pedantic. Towson is in Baltimore the same way living in Alexandria is living in DC. It's metropolitan area.
              Just bothering you and demonstrating my knowledge of local geography.

Hmm, one can get nice prewar apartments around there. A former colleague of mine had a huge 3-bedroom on St. Paul's street for something like $800 a month.
              How long ago? Prices have apparently gone up significantly in the last few years.

But we're paying 800 for a 2 bedroom (which seems to be decent).
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

800 for a 2 bedroom is pretty good. But a 2-year lease? Is that local practice? It sure seems like a long lease.
                I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

that is pretty good

what level of problem?

I am really digging the Stat Mech class I am in

Jon Miller
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN
                  GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
                    800 for a 2 bedroom is pretty good. But a 2-year lease? Is that local practice? It sure seems like a long lease.
                    It's long, but I don't mind. If there's a problem I can always sublet it, but I'd rather stay in one place for as long as possible.
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I've been in my place for over 2 years, and I'm on a month to month... weird. It just costs too much to move these days. Especially with all the crap my wife has stockpiled. It's good to stay in one place for a while, you get to know the ppl around...
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthelion
                        why thrice? because it's in his username, post and sig?
                        In another forum he uses the name "JM^3" meaning Jon Miller cubed so people occationally call him JonMillerJonMillerJonMiller.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

oh

also, good luck on it all (tests, classes, ect)

Jon Miller
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN
                          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

ect? thanks!

Comment

Working...
                            X