I live on an interesting block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What, nobody rushing to jump on me?
    If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

Well I am saying minorities cause crime.

You cannot deny that a higher percentage of black and hispanic minorities commit crime with regards to their population numbers as compared to whites and asians.

So take that!

Now I can't say why that happens. It could be a result of poverty and mistreatment of minorities. It could be a variety of reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark
        stats lie: Baltimore has one of the best emergency trauma centers in the US. So what would be a murder in DC or Detroit is turned into "aggravated assault" by the hardworking, devoted doctors.
        I suppose, then, that Baltimore would be #1 without the EMS
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
          You cannot deny that a higher percentage of black and hispanic minorities commit crime with regards to their population numbers as compared to whites and asians.
          What you can deny, however, is that simply being an ethnic minority is the reason they commit more crimes.

You might say with equal validity that "poor people commit more crimes".
          If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

What part of Baltimore are you in? I lived in Towson.

Interesting... two of the cities in which I've lived, Memphis and Baltimore, are on the list...
            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Shi Huangdi
              Here are the exact stats for you guys

Supposedly DC's figures may rise again, it is currently on pace to have about 325 murders this year.
              What's the US average based on that method? 5-6?
              “Now we declare… that the law-making power or the first and real effective source of law is the people or the body of citizens or the prevailing part of the people according to its election or its will expressed in general convention by vote, commanding or deciding that something be done or omitted in regard to human civil acts under penalty or temporal punishment….” (Marsilius of Padua, „Defensor Pacis“, AD 1324)

Comment

I live in College Park and it doesn't seem that bad

:JOn Miller
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
                  What part of Baltimore are you in? I lived in Towson.

Interesting... two of the cities in which I've lived, Memphis and Baltimore, are on the list...
                  Towson is not in Baltimore. Towson is in Baltimore County.

I'm in Charles Village, 5 blocks from the front entrance to school.
                  12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Killing it is the new killing it
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

What are you doing there anyway?
                    “Now we declare… that the law-making power or the first and real effective source of law is the people or the body of citizens or the prevailing part of the people according to its election or its will expressed in general convention by vote, commanding or deciding that something be done or omitted in regard to human civil acts under penalty or temporal punishment….” (Marsilius of Padua, „Defensor Pacis“, AD 1324)

Comment

Johns Hopkins, founded in 1876, is America's first research university and home to nine world-class academic divisions working together as one university

eventually leading to a PhD in physics (probably in condensed matter theory)
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Is there really anything to do in physics if you don't get a PhD?
                        Monkey!!!

Comment

Not in real physics, but you can always find a job with a physics degree (or almost always; times have been rough for the last couple of years).

Similar starting salaries to BEng for a physics BSc. You can go work at a telecom company or something, doing optical bench tests of the latest hardware.
                          Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Timexwatch
                            What, nobody rushing to jump on me?
                            Need to troll better. That's like saying that 1+1=3.
                            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

For those libs of you trying to excuse criminal minorities:

If poverty causes crime and since incomes have risen, why haven't we seen a consistent trend of decreasing crime rates through the decades?
                              www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

I've had 2 murders right outside my door in the last 3 months. I'm moving in another week.
                                I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                                - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Working...
                                X