I'm ready to get my move on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stefu
    one loaned me money for... liquid purposes (after ATM had swallowed my credit card) and when I managed to miss the last bus another let me stay over at his house.
    They're after your ass!!!
    If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Ahh.. finally got myself here. No no, I get my internet connection maybe.. in 5 weeks? Or something horrible.
      Just wanted to pop by and say I'm not gone, though I bet NO ONE EVEN WONDERED! *tear*

Ok.. well anyway tomorrow is the day of wasted students, especially mine. I'm going to be so drunk it's friggin' dangerous. I'm going to be naked, hopefully.

Well anyway, have to keep on moving so.. see you later when I get my connection to my place.. OUT.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Erhm, apparently Stefu is such a newbie to Pirkanmaa that I need to rectify that Nokia is a town next to Tampere on the west side of the city. The distance 27 km is measured from the central square in Nokia (Pirkkalaistori) to the downtown of Tampere (more precisely Keskustori). So it's not that remote. Also I think there has to be some miscalculation in that distance. I'll check it soon.

Why is there such a housing shortage in Finland?

In general there's no housing shortage. However in larger university towns there's lack of cheap rent flats for students, but it's not due to government control.

Now I might actually get to see Stefu.
        "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

DP
          "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

I'll see you, I'll see everybody, if someone just wants to see me! That didn't make a lot of sense, but anyway, I'm sure we can arrange a some kind of a meeting.
            "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
            "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Let's have a "tea" party at Ignorance's like it was planned when Laurentius was visiting Tampere.

Comment

Asuka is correct. It's our rotten system . Nothing to do with poor system in education IMO, but the fact that the rents are too high for students, and they simply can not rent the places. 'Student housing' controls some of the places, rents them to students only, and they are more in the affordable range. Some of them still are very expensive for students, but most often better options than the ones in public market..

So, those places are too few for everyone to get, so they have to get their housing figured out themselves without any 'discount prices'. Though, in (and many other countries) since there are no dorms etc, you are responsible yourself about your own housing. So, if you don't apply, or fail to get even if you did everything correctly.. too bad. Live under bridge. Usually campus areas are also not so centered and solid, but can be all over the city, and often near the schools there are SOME places that goes under student housing, but most of them are not next to school, so it's not like you're going to walk there. For example we have many students in my class, that comes from more than 50 km's away, that means taking the train, bus or car if you have one. Only few people live near the school here, but that's cool. No one expects anything 'better', since that's the way it goes and personally I think it's a good system. It forces you to answer your responsibilities, fight a little in the real world and realities.. or you can live under the bridge. It's all good.

What a long post with nothing much to say that hasn't been already said earlier, but you know I'm bored.. between classes and all. But.. here I go, see you later.

ps. you all suck.
                In da butt.
                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

27 km from uni ?
                  The bus ride must be a killer every morning. Are there at least many free seats when you climb in the bus ?
                  "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                  "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                  "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Working...
                  X