I'm ready to get my move on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm ready to get my move on

...no, not away from the forums - from Joensuu. Tampere University's getting starting the first day of September, and I'm moving tomorrow. I couldn't get an apartment from Tampere, but I got one from Nokia - 27 km away from Tampere. (The cell phone company is named after the city, BTW.)

Weren't there a few other Finnish Polyers going to Tampere University same time as myself?
    "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
    "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Stefu, I don't know if you read my numerous threads about my life, but in one of them I said that I don't have a place to live and school starts monday..

.. I was minding my own god damn business, and this lady calls me. She was sounding all happy so I was like 'what bill I forgot to pay' in my mind. 'We found a place for you'. YEAH! I thought I was out for 2 months before my own place there, but I got it, the last possible day .
    AND it's 'yksiö' too. But in the same address there are 'solus' as well, so I won't be missing any parties because of that, but I'll have my own luxury peace if I want. 35 square meters.. that's HUUUUUGE for me. Yesterday Salsa made me happy, today this lady made me so happy I could start dating her daughters.. same time. Naked. Rent is kind of high (little over 300 euros per month), but then again it's not that high, it's pretty cheap considering what I get. All good things comes to those who wait!

We'll be starting at the same time. Hey Nokia is pretty ok place.. there's that 'kylpylä' right? Nokias Eden or something like that? You might like it. I have many friends studing at Tampere.. Nokia better than Herwood!
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

My rent isn't that high - 235 euros or so. Of course, there are also the water and electricity payments, not to forget the bus travelling...
      "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
      "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Yeah, I get my water and electricity included to the rent..
        That bus trip is going to kill you though .

edit: helping buddies moving a lot in the last years now paid off too.. first I called was ready to start moving my stuff right now . I'll do that later though.. good times.
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Well, I've moved now.

Comment

Stefu, congrats. Is it ok? I just had the keys to my place today too.. it was pretty good, and I'm very pleased. Better than I ever hoped. Though they don't have internet connection there provided by student housing system . So I'll have to get my own connection, and you know how much that costs, but you have to get it.. and they deliver like in 5 weeks at the earliest.. so that's kind of negative.
            In da butt.

Comment

you're 20 miles from your uni, bloody hell, hope there's a few other lads living with you or you'll be bored ****less. anyway good luck and enjoy freshers week
              "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

C0ckney, that's kind of far, but we don't have solid campus system like some countries do. Students are scattered around. But we have lots of programs in unis, like fun things together, many times a week just pick your day and get wasted.. what suits you best..
                In da butt.

Comment

20 miles is the closest you could get? I don't get it. Why is there such a housing shortage in Finland? Do you guys use rent control or some other government price control system which prevents developers from making a profit? I mean really 20 miles is an absurd didstance to travel to school.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Why an apartment so soon, don't you guys have dorms?
                    "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Stefu, pekka. Can you see have alien our Scandinavian uni systems seem "over there".

In Denmark we have a kind of dorms. They're called "kollegier" and are not nescessarily placed in connection with the college/university in question. Which means that you live with students from different schools. Kinda fun, and makes for great parties

But many students have their own apartments/rooms that they rent. Lately it has gotten so, that weel off parents buy an apartment for their student son/daughter. This has become quite popular, and gives the parents tax advantages.

Asmodean
                      Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Shi, no dorms like in the US. Well, we have a serious shortage in student housing. It's a miracle if you get one. In my class, there are 3 guys coming all the way from Helsinki, taking a train 1.30 hours one way every day. And it costs too much money. But that's the way it is, no one wants to live under the bridge.
                        In da butt.

Comment

Asmodean, I live in a building that has students from other schools. And yes we rent it. And yes, it's way too expensive and you have to get a loan, extra job or hope to have parents supporting you with money. But that's the way it is.
                          In da butt.

Comment

man that sucks, a huge part of the uni experiance is living with a bunch of lads, peeing it up for a year and not worrying about an hour and a half journey or some ****.
                            "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

But don't get me wrong, I'm very happy of my situation. I'm one of the lucky ones. I have a decent place and it's not 18 square meters like the most, it's 35 square meters, so it's big. And I have my own bathroom.

C0ckney, nah it's not that bad, we have parties ALL the time, and visit each others places and get wasted all the time. As often as you can afford, or you liver can take it.

We regulary take our groups and go to other departments parties, invite each other to our parties, all the time. We have places we regulary use to get wasted..So it's not that bad.
                              In da butt.

Comment

Working...
                              X