I love the 70's!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love the 70's!

Okay I was too young to remember much. But the tv show on VH1 is pretty funny.

What a weird decade. People must have been insane back then. EST? I still haven't figured out what that is. TV shows like Issus. And Grizzly Adams . And they had this one tv show where they went back in time and there was dinosaurs and ****.

Old people are just weird. You can't say nothing bad about the stuff in the 80's, that was just cool . But the 70's pop culture just borders on insanity.

Though it was cool seeing the clips of Foxy Brown and Death Wish.

You just like it cause everybdoy was doing it.
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

and the music

That soft rock was abosuluetly horrible

Barry Manilo

President Ford signs the metric conversion act . what happened? We still aren't there yet.

Comment

90s was pretty ****e, apart from the pop-punk.
        www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Dissident, you're weird.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Diss, are you Dissing on Land of the Lost!?!?!?

Chaka will get you, or a sleestack.

ACK!
            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Re: I love the 70's!

Originally posted by Dissident
              Okay I was too young to remember much. But the tv show on VH1 is pretty funny.

What a weird decade. People must have been insane back then. EST? I still haven't figured out what that is. TV shows like Issus. And Grizzly Adams . And they had this one tv show where they went back in time and there was dinosaurs and ****.

Old people are just weird. You can't say nothing bad about the stuff in the 80's, that was just cool . But the 70's pop culture just borders on insanity.

Though it was cool seeing the clips of Foxy Brown and Death Wish.
              You mean I was not the only one that watched the VH1 series?

I am looking forward to the series about the decade that I spent my childhood in -- the 1980's.

But by the 1990's, I was a teenager, and leaving my childhood farther behind.
              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Re: Re: I love the 70's!

Originally posted by MrFun

You mean I was not the only one that watched the VH1 series?

I am looking forward to the series about the decade that I spent my childhood in -- the 1980's.

But by the 1990's, I was a teenager, and leaving my childhood farther behind.
                It's called I love the '80's and is on VH-1 about once a month.

Geez.

ACK!
                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

It was on already? They advertised it as coming in October, I thought.
                  A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

The 80s ****ing sucked. Terrible, terrible...

I cringe every time I see 80s movies and hear 80s music.
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Asher speaks the truth
                      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Ahh, yes, flares, Baader Meinhof, prog rock, Watergate, curly perms, Viet Nam, platform shoes, Ethiopian Civil War, purple zip fronted stretch cardigans, famine in the Sahel, disco pants, Bloody Sunday, Demis Roussos, ETA bombings, fondue sets, Charter 77, concept albums, Andrei Sakharov, wet look Afros, the invasion of Cyprus, James Last albums, dirty wars in South America, **** pile rugs....

...power cuts, miners strikes, devaluation of the pound, the OPEC crisis.....

orange and chocolate coloured decor.... ...boob tubes....

...the Bee Gees (oh, the horror, the horror...)

The 70s.
                        Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Re: I love the 70's!

Originally posted by Dissident
                          And they had this one tv show where they went back in time and there was dinosaurs and ****.
                          Land of the Lost. I'm actually old enough to remember watching reruns of LotL after Saturday morning cartoons. The clay mation was truely pathetic but this was before computer animation and in some ways it was better then the generic comp gen stuff that passes for animation now days.

Of course real hand draw animation had it's hay day during the mid-1980's with the high detail big budget Japanimation movies like Macrose.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I loved the '80s rocked .

It was a much better decade than what I've seen so far of the 70s.... though Led Zep and The Who were pretty good things from that decade .

Michael Ian Black RULES, btw .
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                              The 80s ****ing sucked. Terrible, terrible...

I cringe every time I see 80s movies and hear 80s music.
                              Hey **** off! The 80's rocked baby.

Now the 1970's were truly a dark period. I don't remember much but I do have some pictures of me dressed up in the most atrocious brown corduroy bell bottoms along with an orange and yellow butterfly collared shirt. My mother just loved to show that picture off when ever I had a girlfriend come over. Oh, the embarrassment.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                              X