I love the 70's!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Denim isn't a 70's creation.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
      No, but it became part of mass culture in the 1970s. To me the sexiest thing a woman can wear are blue jeans. I love blue jeans. I have blue denim shirts, a denim jacket, denim shorts, and of course, blue jeans. I need a denim hat.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

The early 70s saw the creative peak of heavy metal, esp. Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, and Blue Oyster Cult.
        If you consider Pink Floyd and Blue Oyster Cult heavy metal, your insane .
        "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

I love the 70's!
          I dont! The last time I was musically satisfied was 1969 (16 years before I was born). People like lennon, led zep, heavy metal bands etc were saving grace, but spandex and prog!! . As a rule, music written after lennon was shot automatically sucks.
          "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
          "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Pink Floyd? How is the likes of the orgasm song (the great gig in the sky) heavy metal?
            "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
            "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Che, as far as young fashion, they were wearing jeans in the 50's.
              Not talking cowboys working herds in the 1880's.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

In fact, cowboys of the late nineteenth century loved wearing jeans.

Damn Texan beat me to this factoid.
                A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

OK, OK...

Clarifying -- I said "heavy metal" but meant "hard rock." The music industry of the time called it "progressive rock" and/or album-oriented rock." I worked in radio from '72 to about 1980. Anyway, my bad on terminology.

Re denim, all I was saying is that it was a huge part of 70s fashions. Not invented then, not first worn by youth then. The nature of clothing fashion is that things come into and go out of fashion regularly. The 70s was just *a* time when denim was huge.

I appreciate the effort in nitpicking, but I don't believe "invented in the 70s" was required.
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by elijah

As a rule, music written after lennon was shot automatically sucks.
                    That's just an amusing coincidence, elijah.

Good one.
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Levi's has always made jeans. The started as durable pants for minners to wear during the California gold rush.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Hence my point about mass culture.
                        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Re: I love the 70's!

Originally posted by Dissident
                          Okay I was too young to remember much. But the tv show on VH1 is pretty funny.

What a weird decade. People must have been insane back then. EST? I still haven't figured out what that is. TV shows like Issus. And Grizzly Adams . And they had this one tv show where they went back in time and there was dinosaurs and ****.

Old people are just weird. You can't say nothing bad about the stuff in the 80's, that was just cool . But the 70's pop culture just borders on insanity.

Though it was cool seeing the clips of Foxy Brown and Death Wish.
                          But being a child of the 50's, 60's, 70's , 80's, 90's & beyond.....

If you LIVED IT you would have had a perspective...afterall..your watching a POPCORN-Colored version of the 70's....not actually living the 70's.....

I was highschool age in 70's..actually pretty cool times..Elephant pants Blue-Suede Converse Dingo Boots Peter Frampton Boston Ted Nugent ..yes even my Disco Days..although I was stationed U S Army in Germany during most of Disco times....

But I would say that it was the greatest era..although i have many fond memories as well as some very painful times...

Peace

Grandpa Troll
                          Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

The 70s were pretty ****in' cool, though once we hit the 80s we started trash talking the 70s.

Comment

I have blue denim shirts, a denim jacket, denim shorts, and of course, blue jeans. I need a denim hat.

The 70s were pretty ****in' cool, though once we hit the 80s we started trash talking the 70s.

Well that isn't rare. Once we hit the 90s, we started trash talking the 80s. 70s kids hated the 60s. It's a rebellion thing, me thinks.
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Re: Re: I love the 70's!

Originally posted by Troll

But being a child of the 50's, 60's, 70's , 80's, 90's & beyond.....
                                a child of the 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, and beyond

If you LIVED IT you would have had a perspective...afterall..your watching a POPCORN-Colored version of the 70's....not actually living the 70's.....

I was highschool age in 70's..actually pretty cool times..
                                High school 58 to 62

Elephant pants Blue-Suede Converse Dingo Boots Peter Frampton Boston Ted Nugent ..yes even my Disco Days..although I was stationed U S Army in Germany during most of Disco times....

But I would say that it was the greatest era..although i have many fond memories as well as some very painful times...

Peace

Grandpa Troll
                                Navy time listed below.

Comment

Working...
                                X