No announcement yet.

Like father, like son - Bush support starts to unravel over Iraq

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PLATO: I'm firmly convinced this whole North Korea business is just China ****ing with us. The only way things can get more ****ed up in the ME is if China is screwing around there.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

They are in Congo right now, but it's a really small detachment of engineers.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
        PLATO: I'm firmly convinced this whole North Korea business is just China ****ing with us. The only way things can get more ****ed up in the ME is if China is screwing around there.
        I think that this could be a very real possibility as well. It would not be unlike China to use a proxy to test the defenses of an advesary. The Chinese military is convinced that an eventual conflict with the US will take place. They are just trying to set the timing. Perhaps this is just a stimulus/response test for us. Unfotunately, Kim is unstable enough that we must react to the possibility that he will use or sell nuclear weapons. If it is a Chinese test, then I hope they have not miscalculated.
        "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
          They are in Congo right now, but it's a really small detachment of engineers.

http://test.china.org.cn/english/2003/Apr/60651.htm
          A 158-strong engineering company of Chinese peace-keepers and an eight-person medical team departed from Beijing Tuesday night for the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC).
          They are the advance party of the 175 troopers and 43 medical staff, including 13 female doctors and nurses, to be sent to the DRC by China.

This is the second time China has sent a detachment of military personnel to join a United Nations-sponsored overseas peace-keeping mission.

Eight hundred Chinese engineering troops participated in the peace-keeping mission in Cambodia in 1992 and 1993, building and rebuilding two airports, and building 36 bridges and 500 km of roads.

China has sent more than 1,450 soldiers and officers to missions in 10 nations and regions since 1990 when it joined the UN's peace-keeping programs.

A Defense Ministry official said the Chinese peace-keepers, selected from the Chinese military and equipped with advanced engineering outfit, are capable of fulfilling the mission of airport rebuilding and the construction of roads, bridges and houses.

The medical team will also serve local civilians, he said.

(Xinhua News Agency April 2, 2003)
          I had no idea. They certainly keep a low profile, don't they?
          "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

I wonder, for some reason the supporters of Bully and Bliar seem unable to post and comment on this issue.
            What could be the cause?
            Because the thread premise is silly. As stated above, Bush Sr's demise had nothing to do with Iraq, but rather the economy. Bush Jr's reelection will have mostly to do with the economy as well, just as pretty much all reelections have been since the founding of the Republic.
            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by DanS

Bush Sr's demise had nothing to do with Iraq, but rather the economy.
              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

What's so funny Horse?

That's how Blowjob Boy got elected with his, "it's the economy stupid," line.
                We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
                  What's so funny Horse?

That's how Blowjob Boy got elected with his, "it's the economy stupid," line.
                  And the economy improved under Clinton. (And BTW, since when is a blow job a bad thing?)
                  - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
                  - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
                  - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

Originally posted by The Templar

And the economy improved under Clinton.
                    Yeah, you mean the dot com bubble, Andersen, Enron, et al?

Great management and oversight there, I'll say.
                    When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

• just irrational exuberance
                      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
                        Horse: Bush's numbers were sky high over Gulf War I. They fell when the economy went into resession.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• and there's no link whatsoever

Comment

Working...
                          X