Like father, like son - Bush support starts to unravel over Iraq

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GePap
    And then we would be in the position of trying to prop up an increasingly unpopular regime..wow, so much better...

It would be better if we had gone in with a better plan for how to keep the lights on. These guys seriosuly underestimated the possible power vacuum to be created with the fall of the regime.
    Yes, that would make the new government less popular but they would still be an Iraqi government instead of a foreign occupier so they will likely be more popular then the current arrangement.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by The Andy-Man

If the US had accepted UN help in the first place (before the war) and tried to be a bit more considerate, then I would be all for it.

But if the US gets itself into a mess, it shouldn't be allowed to go crying to other countries to have THEIR soldiers die for US ignorance and stupidity.

If you make your own bed lie in it!
      And several other clichés.
      Well, if the consequences only affected the US, then I'd be all for that. But the Iraqi people are stuck in the middle of all this. But then again, nobody bothered to think of them before the war, why would it be any different afterwards?
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by The Andy-Man
        why should the UN have to bail the US out?

The UN should stop being the American *****!
        As long as the US pays for the largest share of the UN then the UN can do as it's told or find a new sugar daddy.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Re: Like father, like son - Bush support starts to unravel over Iraq

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
          And doesn't Clinton start to look better and better and smarter and smarter? Its the economy stupid!
          You mean the buffoon who gave us subject matter for a Ridley Scott movie? Oh, and wasn't it under his tenure, and the great intel, immigration and law enforcement regimes that the principal participants in the 9-11 attacks entered the US?

But Clinton did good for the economy. Yep. Those good ol' days when Andersen, Enron, WorldCom, Adelphia and others hadn't got caught. Yeah, stock growth based on fraud sure is good for the economy. But Bill managed to raise more money for the Democratic Party than anyone else, ever. A lot of it from the technology sector, you know, those dot co... er, uh never mind....

I think Bush pretty much sucks, but Clinton sure as hell was no great shakes.
          When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Originally posted by C0ckney

so you're saying there's going to be a three-way civil war in iraq?
            3-5 way as soon as the occupying power looks weak enough. That's still a while off. But you don't have to wait long for the first signs.

“Now we declare… that the law-making power or the first and real effective source of law is the people or the body of citizens or the prevailing part of the people according to its election or its will expressed in general convention by vote, commanding or deciding that something be done or omitted in regard to human civil acts under penalty or temporal punishment….” (Marsilius of Padua, „Defensor Pacis“, AD 1324)

Comment

Re: Re: Like father, like son - Bush support starts to unravel over Iraq

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat

But Clinton did good for the economy. Yep. Those good ol' days when Andersen, Enron, WorldCom, Adelphia and others hadn't got caught. Yeah, stock growth based on fraud sure is good for the economy.
              Not to forget the Rubin-Greenspan tandem that fed the bubble.
              “Now we declare… that the law-making power or the first and real effective source of law is the people or the body of citizens or the prevailing part of the people according to its election or its will expressed in general convention by vote, commanding or deciding that something be done or omitted in regard to human civil acts under penalty or temporal punishment….” (Marsilius of Padua, „Defensor Pacis“, AD 1324)

Comment

Not to forget the Rubin-Greenspan tandem that fed the bubble.
                Wasn't Greenspan the one who warned us of "irrational exuberance"? Eh, I guess he didnt warn us enough then.

("Now, you stock investors quit with that irrational exuberance or I'll cut your NASDAQ priveleges for a week! ")
                meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

If the U.N. *doesn't* help out, I think it would be a tragic mistake of placing politics before peace.

The U.N. should be there to help out people and nations, regardless of the blunderings by weak dictators and easily-deceived presidents.

In the eyes of many Americans (particularly on the right), the U.N. is worthless. If they were to save our asses in Iraq, we in the US will be hearing about it for years. That alone, I think, might make it worth it, if only for an ego-check.
                  the good reverend

Comment

"If the U.N. *doesn't* help out, I think it would be a tragic mistake of placing politics before peace."

That's only possible if the Bush admin is willing to allow it to play a role, which is unlikely. And even if, it may be too late anyway.

Comment

I wonder, for some reason the supporters of Bully and Bliar seem unable to post and comment on this issue.
                      What could be the cause?

Where is Imran?
                      Where is Drake T.?
                      Where is Ned?
                      Where is Diplo?
                      Where is Sprayb, and Dino?
                      Where are Fez, Sloww, and their buddies?
                      Where is our beloved moderator himself?

They can't be banned all, can't they?

I would love to discuss with them, how to punish treacherous France, Germany and Belgium. How to dismantle the UN. And how to reward Aznar and Berlusconi for their most generous and substantial support....
                      Jews have the Torah, Zionists have a State

Comment

Originally posted by S. Kroeze
                        Which one? There are three of us, all beloved I am sure.
                        When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Originally posted by S. Kroeze
                          I wonder, for some reason the supporters of Bully and Bliar seem unable to post and comment on this issue.
                          What could be the cause?

Where is Imran?
                          Where is Drake T.?
                          Where is Ned?
                          Where is Diplo?
                          Where is Sprayb, and Dino?
                          Where are Fez, Sloww, and their buddies?

They can't be banned all, can't they?

I would love to discuss with them, how to punish treacherous France, Germany and Belgium. How to dismantle the UN. And how to reward Aznar and Berlusconi for their most generous and substantial support....
                          "An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind" - Gandhi

Comment

Tell you what Alexander's Troll.
                            Worry about whatever little Pygmy bastard runs your block of rock.
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat
                              Which one? There are three of us, all beloved I am sure.
                              Dear/Beloved MichaeltheGreat,

Of course all three of you are truly beloved.
                              But since it is not your habit to insult people, I do not consider you a moderator.

Sincerely,

S.Kroeze
                              Jews have the Torah, Zionists have a State

Comment

I'd like to make comment on some things said here.

A) Bush tried longer than he should have to get the U.N. on-board.
                                B) This was a return to the original war, since conditions of the CEASE FIRE were not met.
                                C) 1441
                                D) The U.N. , by their own inaction, is worthless.
                                E) France, is France. That says it all.
                                F) There was no place but down to go in the polls, since no President has ever had a higher rating than Bush.
                                G) There will always be protestors and chicken****s.
                                In the first days of the U.S., they were known as Tories.
                                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                                X