Lombardi Handicappers' League: I Can't Believe We Made 5 Years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lombardi Handicappers' League: I Can't Believe We Made 5 Years

Well, ladies & gentlemen, it's that time of year again... to showcase our knowledge of professional football (and I mean real football, not what the rest of the world calls "football") by picking games week-in and week-out, and laughing hysterically at those poor fools who do worse than us.

For the first time as far as I can remember, there will be no major changes to note in the way the main pool will be run. (I say "main pool" because this year, I've added some fun secondary games which have no bearing on the traditional pool - but to find out what they're all about, you'll have to join...) The pool will be run using CBS Sportsline's fine & free Office Pool Manager service.

To participate, you will need a CBS Sportsline account if you don't have one (to get one, go to http://cbs.sportsline.com and click the Register link), and you will need an invitation. To get the latter, simply post here or PM me with an active e-mail address, and I will send requests for invitations as they come.

And before everyone asks... yes, we will have team play again.

Send those invites my way, NOW!
    CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
    Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
    Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
    Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

JohnT proudly points to his sub-.500 record last year and waits for people to ask him to be on his team...

... still waiting...

Comment

Hmmmm....I don't think I played last year (damn babies ruin everything!!! ) but since I'm so blase about the 2nd child (what's his name again?) and #1 son is semi-independant...I'll throw my hat in the ring!
      If JohnT goes completely unloved, I suppose I might deign to lower myself and be his teammate..]
      Life and death is a grave matter;
      all things pass quickly away.
      Each of you must be completely alert;
      never neglectful, never indulgent.

Comment

diplomaticrat@yahoo.com

Lombardi slipped my mind with all the fantasy stuff going on.

Comment

Invitations have been sent to Sneak and Berz. (I need an e-mail address for you, JohnT, if you wanna play...)
          Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
          Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

Use my apolyton address below...
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Invite sent to Ming.

Comment

Include me.

dallasslowwhand@yahoo.com
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Alright, I sent a PM.

I'll play in any team that has a spot open for me.

Comment

Invitations sent to Sloww and Zop.

I just want to point out this very important part of the pool rules...

To make my life easier, I am asking that you set up your displayed names in a very particular way. This is to make it easier to keep track of team scoring and to know exactly who everyone is. Your displayed name should be the same as your handle on the website I know you from. If you are a member of a team, put a space after the handle and, in brackets (the [ and ] symbols), include your three-letter team code. (Click the Team Codes link above if you don't know your team code.) To change your displayed name, simply select Personal on the Options menu - the box to edit is the one that says "Your Name".
                    To look at the pool rules in full, click Pool Rules on the Help menu once you have access to the site - the URL is http://lhl.football.sportsline.com

Comment

I'll accept an invite.

peacemaker222@msn.com
                      God---He's my favorite fictional charater.----Homer Simpson

Comment

Post.

isiddiq@law.emory.edu
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

hey I would like to be included.

I haven't been doing this the last few years, so I'll have to catch up on how you guys do this.

But I finally have sundays off and can watch football. That's all I ask for in life.

Comment

PM sent.

Now I just have to hope that the rumour SKYNZ will cut ESPN is false

Comment

Reismark, I signed up as Sothisrising which is the name I originally used when we started. Should I re-register under some form of "Berzerker"? I was signed in as Berzerker but can't remember my password and no longer have the email address I used back then so I can't recover the password I used.

Comment

Working...
                              X