Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gender Profiling, OK? Racial Profiling, Not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For crying out loud, if one witness is running from the scene of the crime and the other is just standing around, it should be perfectly obvious that the runner is the one to go for regardless of what race he is. Most racial profiling, as it actually occurs, is not that simple. It's more along the lines of black guys getting pulled over for driving suspiciously nice cars.
    With that said, if black people were inherently criminal, as you say, the sensible thing to do would be a lot more severe than nosy police. If you're going to start spouting racial superiority you shouldn't do such a half-assed job of it. As it is, why don't you focus on digging up proof that black people are in fact natural crooks?
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• Originally posted by Boddington's
      If blacks are sick of being stopped too much, surely they should blame their brothers for committing too many crimes, rather than the police for doing their job.
      Yeah, I blame Jeffery Archer, H.I.H. heads, the Savings and Loan scheme operators and Enron's head honchoes
      for me being questioned by the police so frequently.

I mean, if you're white, wear a suit, shirt and tie, and walk through Melbourne's C.B.D., or London's Square Mile, or down Wall Street, you're just asking for trouble.
      Might as well just paint a big sign on my back: potential Caucasian white collar criminal...

Of course, that's when I'm not in my other guise of potential I.R.A./I.N.L.A./Real I.R.A. suspect.
      Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• Boddington's excellent points if you have been involved in any of these real life situations you would see it.

Tapped in late have not read the rest...
        “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
        Or do we?

Comment

• Thanks Blackice..nice to know someone else cares about combattng crime more effectively, rather than just appeasing criminals.
          www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

• Originally posted by Boddington's
            Thanks Blackice..nice to know someone else cares about combattng crime more effectively, rather than just appeasing criminals.
            yippy, yadda doo
            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• "Racial profiling" is the PC version of "police harrassment and racist cops."

Racial profiling is racism, pure and simple.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                "Racial profiling" is the PC version of "police harrassment and racist cops."

Racial profiling is racism, pure and simple.
                NOOOOOOO Imran -- the rule is that we are never suppose to agree on any issue.

Comment

• Ok, I guess that means you're the one that has to be against gay marriage .
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Ok, I guess that means you're the one that has to be against gay marriage .

Comment

• Well I did claim that issue first

Comment

Well I did claim that issue first
                        Face it -- you're a closeted Democrat.

Comment

• Not as much as you are a closeted Republican .

Comment

Not as much as you are a closeted Republican .
                            I am so not a Republican.

Comment

• Imran, it's not racism at all, that accusation is completely unnecessary and only serves to whip up hatred of the police.
                              www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Working...
                              X