Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gender Profiling, OK? Racial Profiling, Not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gender Profiling, OK? Racial Profiling, Not?

Men commit more crime than women...or are police officers sexist as well as racist - black people commit more crime too.

I suggest we institute gender and racial profiling. It would help police divert resources to where most needed and with a higher chance of "success" in catching criminals.
    www.my-piano.blogspot

I don't see how either would be at all effective.
    If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

What the hell FP..would you rather police stand at corners of golf courses watching for criminals, or in inner-city areas?

Having police target their time on places and people that are more likely to commit crime is a better use of their resources. I thought you had more sense than to post the above.
      www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Don't give me that "I'm disappointed in you" bollocks. It isn't going to work.

"Racial profiling" would suggest that police are keeping an extra-special close eye on people of a certain race, and ignoring people of other races. That's wrong.

And what golf courses have to do with anything I'm not quite sure.

more likely to commit crime

Are non-whites really more likely to commit crime or are they simply more likely to get caught because police are concentrating more on them than the whites?
        If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

The real big crimes are usually commited by some white businessman... we should concentrate the police forces on them ...
          If its no fun why do it? Dance like noone is watching...

Comment

hey OJ goes golfing quite a bit, so maybe we should keep police close to golf courses

Comment

"Racial profiling" would suggest that police are keeping an extra-special close eye on people of a certain race, and ignoring people of other races. That's wrong.

And what golf courses have to do with anything I'm not quite sure.
              Keeping a close eye on a race - if they have been shown to commit more crime, as blacks clearly have - would mean more criminals caught.

My point about the golf course is an analogy (have you heard of those?) - we expect police to be in areas where risk of crime is higher, just as we expect police to "monitor" those groups of people whose perceived risk of crime is higher.

And those at a lower risk of committing crime wouldn't be ignored, just paid a little less attention to as resources are diverted where crime-fighting needs it most.

It's politically-correct extreme-left-wing bull**** like this that has led to our perceived crime rate rocketing.

Are non-whites really more likely to commit crime or are they simply more likely to get caught because police are concentrating more on them than the whites?
              I think we know the answer to that one.
              www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Are you really arguing that the police is not more present and agressive in the ghetto parts of town than in the upper-class parts?
                If its no fun why do it? Dance like noone is watching...

Comment

I suggest we institute gender and racial profiling. It would help police divert resources to where most needed and with a higher chance of "success" in catching criminals.
                  Creates a lot more problems than it solves, especially if innocent people are caught up unnecessarily. Also creates a lot of bad blood between the cops and the community-. Los Angeles is a good example of this, as well as Detroit where I live: the cops in the 'burbs routinely harass black folks once they enter city limits.
                  "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

There are two things that you're ignoring Bod's.

The first is that blacks already tend to get harsher treatment than whites when it comes to the law (blacks are more likely to get the death penalty (especially when they murder a white)) and blacks have their cars pulled over and searched a whole helluva lot more than whites do. These facts skew the claim that black people commit more crimes.

The second thing that must be noted is that, if you observe statistics, it's actually poorer people that tend to commit more crimes. It just so happens that there are many more poor and black people than there are poor and white people.
                    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

It's more difficult to observe poverty than it is to observe skin colour. Agree?
                      www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

No, Boddington, we don´t now it.
                        At least if you don´t have any scientific Papers wich clearly prove it.

After all I hear from America white judges and Policemen often tend to treat Blcks harder than white people, so this could make a difference if for example a white man who commited a crime is set free because of missing witnesses whereas a blac person (who also does´t have witneses who observed him committing the crime) is found guilty.

Another Factor is poverty. If for example black people are generally poorer than white people, they probably grow up under harsher Conditions than white people and often experience more violence than people who grow up in the middle or rich class, in some suburbs with mown Lawns and nice little Houses.
                        So this could also have an Influence on the probability of people to commit crimes.

SO I think it is difficult to say for example: Blacks comit more crimes than whites and so suspiciously keep an Eye on every Black Person in the county, even if it is establishes black Businesmen or rich black Childen who go to Harvard.
                        On the other Hand, if you, for example have a Policestation in some quiet suburb and live next to a Slum where you have a lot of Black Gangs, it might be helpful, to keep an Eye on Blacks which enter your Suburb
                        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

And being poor doesn't give blacks an excuse for committing crime, either. So forget going down the poverty-excuse line.
                          www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

But basing it on race creates tension and hatred, which only makes things worse.

And poverty isn't more difficult to observe than skin color. You have to go into a person's house and invade their privacy to tell that they're black; all it takes to see that they're poor is to look at the ****ty conditions of the house, which you can do from the outside.
                            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Boddington's
                              And being poor doesn't give blacks an excuse for committing crime, either. So forget going down the poverty-excuse line.
                              Nope, but this leads to statistical Errors.
                              To realy see if Blacks commit more crimes than Whites you had to compare a Black Population under poor Living Conditions
                              with a white Population under the same poor Living Conditions and then have to look if under these Conditions the Black still commit more crimes than the Whites.
                              Of course everything under the Prerequisie, that Policemen and Judges don´t act rassistic.

And, if you see that under those Conditions Blacks and Whites commit roughly the same Number of Crimes, you know, that it hasn´t to do anything with race than rather with Poverty.
                              And so your Policemen shouldn´t concentrate on the Colour of the skin, but rather look which people look poor and which don´t and then stronger observe the poor looking People, regardless of if they are black or white.
                              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Working...
                              X