Mein Kampf.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ned
    paiktis, if you read Tacitus's Germania, you will find the Germans in that era thought the same way as the Germans of Hitler's time.
    I read it, what parts are you reffering to?
    Blah

Comment

Originally posted by Space05us
      its not like by buying the book you're supporting the next nazi movement, quit being so damn cheap.
      I wouldn't want to go to the bookstore and buy it. I figure the clerk would give me a very funny look.

Do they even stock it?

Comment

Mein Kampf would easily make the list for the world's dumbest books ever.

It wasn't even original stupidity. Hitler stole most of his ideas from other German racists of the time before World War I. Vienna was a hotbed for racism because of the influx of poor people from the East in the last days of the Austro Hungarian empire.
        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

I thought the British Empire contributed sugnificantly to these ideas?

Comment

Not directly - but the British Empire was seen as a model.

Interestingly so was the the United States - its Western expansion was the inspiration for the "lebensraum" idea.
            Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

The whole "we are superior to these scum, therefore it is our duty to rule" them goes back to Roman times. Look at the letters Pliny the Younger sends to Trajan when he was in Biythinia "Oh those stupid, cultured Greeks, the've squandered 300,000 D on an aqueduct. We need to use the imperial justice to smite the corrupt and rebuild the masonry"

The Roman mans burden became the white mans' burden during Europe's ascendancy

"The Arab were an industrious race vital in protecting Greek culture during the dark ages. However their time in the sun has passed .... we must now protect them from their worst impulses". British Diplomat.

How this transformed into genocide and brutal segregation has alot to do with Social Darwinism combining scientific fact:
              "The negroe (sic) skull is 10 floz smaller then that of the white man. He is greatly inferior mentally to the white and yellow races, and this has been attributed by some to the early closing of the cranial sutures by which normal development of the brain is arrested." Waverley Encyclopedia, 1930.

Along with common or garden prejudice:
              Most of the attacks on white women in the South are a direct result of a cocaine-crazed negro brain. Evidence summitted to Congress in 1914 on crime/race control.
              Res ipsa loquitur

Comment

i would say it went back even further, to the earliest civilisations. that's the great thing about the world, not matter where or who you are, there's always someone to look down on
                "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

I think Germany gets an unfair share of burden when it comes to the modern "Nazi" ideology accusations. Other countries had Nazism pure and simple and basically created it. Of course Nazi Germany acted on these ideas with unmatched fervor hence the significant difference and its doom. However, the country has went through a psyche cleansing after WWII whereas other countries with the very same ideas have not.

Maybe one of the least "Nazi" countries today is the German people themselves. The real Nazis of today can be considered to be in other countries. Generalizing wildly of course.

The difference with old forms of "racism" is they primarily focused on nationality. Even older forms focused only at language. «Greeks took everything from the Barbarians of the East (those who didn't speak Greek) and bettered it» Aristotle.

However today's "Nazism" follows pretty much the old British and other colonial powers and of course Nazi Germany's criteria.
                  Last edited by Bereta_Eder; August 23, 2003, 10:56.

Comment

And I wouldn't want to get anyone on the defensive about his country. These are just observations that may hold water, they may not. I just think that they do. Unfortunately there tons of other "racisms" in the world too. It's not a competition as to who is the most racist, just some ideas.

Comment

Have you ever thought that if those nations were superior to us, they'd have been the ones ruling us in colonial times?
                      www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

You measure superiority in terms of ability to effectively kill others? :hmm:
                        Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
                        Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Buck Birdseed: can you think of any other measure of superiority that has held throughout time

Boddington has a point, in a way. While other races are not inherently inferior, they ARE less socially, technologically, and militarily advanced. This doesn't mean we have a mandate to rule them, but it does mean their societies are inferior to ours.

Comment

Skywalker, societies are made up of people....
                            www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

So? A culture is not made up of people. Have you read Guns, Germs, and Steel? Geography is a HUGE factor in the development (or lack thereof) of a society.

Just because it's based on geography doesn't mean they aren't an inferior society, but it does mean that the INDIVIDUALS aren't inherently inferior. If I took an African baby and raised in as an upper-middle-class white child, it would turn out that same as if I did that to an upper-middle-class white child.

Comment

Originally posted by skywalker
                                Boddington has a point, in a way. While other races are not inherently inferior, they ARE less socially, technologically, and militarily advanced. This doesn't mean we have a mandate to rule them, but it does mean their societies are inferior to ours.
                                Less technologically advanced != inferior.

Inferior implies a moral evaluation, which intends that the inferior person is worse, and should strive for being like the superior person.
                                If you watch "The Gods Must Be Crazy", you'd wonder if less technologically advanced people are that Inferior to us...
                                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                                "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                                "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Working...
                                X