Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bus Bombing in Jerusalem

Hudna.
    "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Hudna.
    urgh.NSFW

Comment

abbas: dismantle. NOW.
      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Abbas won't do anything.

From what I was reading, Israel is ever closer to ridding of Arafat, and the USA is saying it's a shame we haven't done so earlier.

edited update

105 injured (so far)
        15 in severe to critical conditions
        15 dead
        Last edited by Sirotnikov; August 19, 2003, 15:38.

Comment

A double bus exploded.

Many many casualties.

There are reportedly dead among the casualties.

Comment

Who cares about where Arafat is? It's a threat Israel always uses, but seriously, how will it hurt terrorism?
            The threat to invade Gaza and wipe out the Hamas leadership worked very good and we got a Hudna, but who cares about Arafat?
            "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

7+ dead.

Comment

What is a Hudna ?
                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Arafat's disappearance will stop Palestinian money from pouring into terror, will cause mass disorganization in the Fatah ranks, which are seriously the drive behind most of the attacks in 2003.

Plus it will weaken Palestinian political stance to a small bit.

And yes, we will probably very shortly begin the head hunt of Hamas leaders

Comment

Hudna: roughly translated as a cease fire.

In moslem culture: a temporary tactical cease fire declared by moslems in a war of Jihad, in order to regroup and reorganize. In the Koran, when Mohammed fought against Saudi leaders who were stronger, he signed a hudna, and then prepared himself to a later stage when he broke it and attacked.

In current events: an agreement of understanding between the PA and the Hamas and Jihad, about 'stoping the inter palestinain struggle for the greater good of the palestinian goal' but only 'as long as the Israeli side does xx and yy'.

That is to put it nicely: "we're taking a brake attacking Israelis to re-organize and restart the conflict when we feel like it. If the Israelis try to stop us, we'll blame it on them."

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
                      What is a Hudna ?
                      a sort of arabic cease-fire.

Oh, and no, I don't think we should kill Arafat. I agree with Eli.
                      urgh.NSFW

Comment

Hold onto your hats, Israelis - because a young canuck just might be coming to kill him for you!

...I'm allowed to do that sort of thing even before joining the IDF, right??

Comment

Did anybody expect anything better from the Hamas et al ? I thought nobody in the whole Israel / Palestine area ever had illusions over the cease fire ?
                          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Azazel
                            Hudna.
                            Huina

Road map can be considered canceled.
                            money sqrt evil;
                            My literacy level are appalling.

Comment

Hold onto your hats, Israelis - because a young canuck just might be coming to kill him for you!

...I'm allowed to do that sort of thing even before joining the IDF, right??

No, and if you will do that you will be arrested and tried.

Unless a group of fanatical Israelis will find you and hide you first.

Comment

Working...
                              X