This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi everybody!
    Yep, i´m the same argie that appeared here and cheered for the pumas some time ago

World Cup is near... so i´m back
    You know, i just wanna have fun watching the pumas beating your national teams and winning the trophy (that always happens in my dreams!! )
    Nope, seriously... i just wanna share with you all the world cups news, matches, etc.

BTW,
    As for fixtures - Pumas-Australia and Ireland-Australia should be tasty and I'm certainly going to catch NZ-Wales.
    Really? i prefer the Pumas-Ireland rematch of the wc99
    South Atlantic Conflict v1.2 - Civ II Scenario
    Iron Curtain v1.1 - Civ II Scenario

Comment

• Welcome back! Just in time!
      " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
      "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Start of the season here in France. I've just had a match against a team of 1ere serie (in Bourgogne) which didn't get promoted to the higher level (honneur) despite ending first of their championship last year, apparently for lack of a reserve team. Now they are 200 in the village, how do you expect them to field two rugby teams every week?
        Anyway, I've got the usual set of bruises everywhere on the body (sore feet from the studs, aching legs, aghing thighs, aching back, small cut on the finger, very nice set of red marks on the face with a protruding lip thanks to the opponent fly half's elbow). And I still love this game.
        Clash of Civilization team member
        (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
        web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

• Welcome back Academia! Argentina v Ireland is definitely one I will be looking forward to. I like both teams, but I think it would be great for Argentinean rugby if the Pumas did really well, and I would like to see rugby grow in that part of the world.
          ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
          ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

• Originally posted by finbar

Interesting stats indeed. Otago had heaps more ball but obviously coughed it up heaps more. And, with no tries, they obviously had trouble finishing. Or, to put it the other way, Waikato made the very most of their opportunities. Incredible ruck/maul imbalance too.
            Waikato's defence was also a lot stronger too. On many occasions their defence drove Otago back a good 20 - 30 metres. Waikato's kicker had a shocking night, so the scoreline could easily have been a lot more embarrassing for Otago.

Comment

• Originally posted by finbar

I'd imagine a two-man team of Clive Woodward and Will Carling would deserve a place in front of Italy at the moment.
              Carling would be too busy looking for his next ****!
              (+1)

Comment

• Thanx guys!! it´s good to be around one more time

I assume you´ve already asked this question... anyway, i don´t know your opinion so i´m gonna make it
                Who´s your fav team for the world cup? In your opinion, who will win the trophy??

I choose England

Comment

• NZ of course.

Comment

• Originally posted by academia
                    Thanx guys!! it´s good to be around one more time

I assume you´ve already asked this question... anyway, i don´t know your opinion so i´m gonna make it
                    Who´s your fav team for the world cup? In your opinion, who will win the trophy??

I choose England
                    You're asking two questions and the answers might not necessarily be the same. Not in my case, anyway. Naturally my favourite team is the Wallabies, but I don't think they can win the cup. I've already backed the All Blacks to win. I think they'll romp through the tournament until they run into a team with high quality forwards - which is to say, England. The French forwards might trouble them, but I don't know that the French have the quality elsewhere on the field to trouble them. England does. Thus, IMHO, if the All Blacks can keep their game against England out of the forwards, they can win the cup. If they can't, well, I can't bring myself to contemplate the alternative.
                    " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
                    "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• England...

Bouhouhou... sniff! Sob!
                      "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• Originally posted by spartak
                        Carling would be too busy looking for his next ****!
                        You mean after his last one shuffled off the mortal in the back of a black BMW in a Paris tunnel?

Comment

• it's a cute tunnel and an uncalled for feeder line.That tunnel does not deserve to have it's name questionned in this way. Oh and btw NZ / Eng should win, the only team that can beat both is France and they can lose to anyone.

Edit: Sorry. except Wales

Comment

• Originally posted by flipside
                            iEdit: Sorry. except Wales
                            Any Welshmen contemplating posting just changed their minds!

Comment

• Mmm... nobody has faith in Australia? they are locals... (and the reigning world champions) let´s give them some credit

Oh and btw NZ / Eng should win, the only team that can beat both is France and they can lose to anyone.
                              Yep. i agree with you

Edit: Sorry. except Wales

Comment

• Obviously I will be supporting Ireland. But will look at the Argentine results closely as, IMHO they are very similer in play to the northern hemisphere teams and the best chance this time of encouraging a smaller rugby playing nation that they may compete with the best

Comment

Working...
                                X