Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But they've now allowed it. Prior to the team arriving on the ground.
    I don’t have a problem with that – that’s pre-match entertainment.

Just get rid of the silly little bloke with the banjo who did it at the Lions tests will you?

Presumably his tongue's fit anyway.
    Always.

And I think its fair to say he will never emigrate to Australia.

You should pray not, I'd've thought.
    Quite right – I want to see either the youngster Harry Ellis or the Irish lad Tom Tierney. Austin on the bench will do nicely though.

They're a strange mob. That's what I like about them.
    Fair enough.

From what I saw of the second choice kicker during the six nations it makes me wonder if this one will bite Kirwan back however.

I haven’t been able to read right back through the thread – did you guys notice the horrible injury to Geordan Murphy on Saturday – a really nasty leg break (Protruding bone and all). Ireland lost, in the space of two days – a dependable centre (Henderson) and this superb full back talent. Hard to see them getting through past Oz and Pumas now?
    It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

• Originally posted by Havak

I don’t have a problem with that – that’s pre-match entertainment.
      Loosely speaking.

Just get rid of the silly little bloke with the banjo who did it at the Lions tests will you?
      John Williamson? He set out to irritate you and he succeeded.

Quite right – I want to see either the youngster Harry Ellis or the Irish lad Tom Tierney. Austin on the bench will do nicely though.
      On a park bench in Slough would be even nicer.

I haven’t been able to read right back through the thread – did you guys notice the horrible injury to Geordan Murphy on Saturday – a really nasty leg break (Protruding bone and all). Ireland lost, in the space of two days – a dependable centre (Henderson) and this superb full back talent. Hard to see them getting through past Oz and Pumas now?
      Yes, I reported the injuries last weekend, and suggested Clive wrap Wilkinson and F********** in cotton wool. But you can never trust the Irish to succumb as others might.
      " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
      "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Tam's a bit of a tasty geezer.

All I know is FVCK SCOTLAND!!!!
        -30-

Comment

Interestingly the WC favourites list was announced today (although according to whom exactly, I don't know ... ) and Ireland showed up at no. 3 just before the Wallabies in fourth place.
          The AB's were at number two and first place was taken by ... well, we don't really need to go into that.

I am not smarmy!

Comment

• Originally posted by st_swithin
            All I know is FVCK SCOTLAND!!!!
            No, the French team needs an opponent at his level!
            "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• Tamerlin, that's the best 409th post in a thread in the history of the OT Forum!
              " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
              "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• FSW is showing every one of the 48 matches of the RWC. I'll try to watch most of them, but I might give SA v Uruguay a miss.
                ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
                ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

• View the latest Men's FIFA World Cup news, analysis, schedule, groups, odds, predictions, where to watch and more at FOX Sports.

My wife will miss me...
                  ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
                  ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

• 30C in Brisbane today. And it's only going to get hotter.

Comment

• John Williamson? He set out to irritate you and he succeeded.
                      Pretty much everything about the way the ARU treated it’s guests irritated me. We we the hosts – and had behaved as appallingly – I would have been mortified.

Rugby is an institution that should transcend the Aussie mindset of ‘win at all costs’ – and too many people in your set up don’t seem to get that.

On a park bench in Slough would be even nicer.
                      Unless he clicks quickly this year he will be lucky to play for Slough next year.
                      But you can never trust the Irish to succumb as others might.
                      I suspect looking back on it they are wishing they didn’t play him.
                      The AB's were at number two and first place was taken by ... well, we don't really need to go into that.
                      The Boks made first place?
                      I don’t buy the Irish above Australia – terrible season though they had the Aussies still beat the paddies even with Murphy playing.

Lets face it Australia had a terrible tri-nations, they lost to the Poms at home, they have no front row to speak of, they have released senior players and lost other through injury and have drafted in a bunch of kids – so I think they have to be favourites for me.

I might give SA v Uruguay a miss.
                      Make sure you catch England v Georgia though.

30C in Brisbane today. And it's only going to get
                      hotter.
                      Well you have already pointed out how ludicrous it is to play in those conditions and that location – who made the call on venues – ARU or IRB?

I shouldn’t imagine not even the Aussies relish the thought of matches in 35C and, what, 90% humidity?
                      It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

Rugby is an institution that should transcend the Aussie mindset of ‘win at all costs’ – and too many people in your set up don’t seem to get that.
                        The state of South Australia has just announced that it is renaming Kangaroo Island - a large-ish island off the state's south coast - Wallaby Island for the duration of the WRC.

Well you have already pointed out how ludicrous it is to play in those conditions and that location – who made the call on venues – ARU or IRB?
                        Brisbane had to be on the roster because Queensland is one of the only two states that play rugby. Well, seriously anyway. It's going to be hot everywhere. It was 25C here in Sydney yesterday. I think it's the timing of the overall event that has to be questioned.

I shouldn’t imagine not even the Aussies relish the thought of matches in 35C and, what, 90% humidity?
                        Quite right. I think we have a match in Brisbane. And I'm sure there's a minnows' match further North in Townsville. I must check.

Comment

• This is quite ridiculous. It should be a) night games b) during winter, not spring.

Comment

• I hate to say it guys but it is being scheduled for winter - just not winter in the actual venue.

Why the October start - the 95 world cup was earlier in the year wasn't it - June time? October only really makes sense for European hosts.

You recall what I was saying about the increasing commercial importance of England and France? I have a feeling our Unions may have refused to re-organise our seasons to accomodate the Aussies - naughty us.

Comment

• Japan is based in Townsville. They're playing three matches there - including against Les Grenouilles on October 18! The temps predicted for the next week up there range from 28C to 36C. The average maximum temp for October is 28C, with 21C the average overnight low. Some of those tubby grenouille forwards will come away a couple of stone lighter!

Comment

I hate to say it guys but it is being scheduled for winter - just not winter in the actual venue.
                                Technically it's mid-Spring here.

Why the October start - the 95 world cup was earlier in the year wasn't it - June time? October only really makes sense for European hosts.
                                It was May/June in 1995. I think your next para could sum it up:

You recall what I was saying about the increasing commercial importance of England and France? I have a feeling our Unions may have refused to re-organise our seasons to accomodate the Aussies - naughty us.

Comment

Working...
                                X