Changes to Israeli citizenship law aka I hate CNN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Albert Speer
    they couldn't possibly be Palestinian because there is no such country as palestine!

alright let's say an ethnic Japanese person and an ethnic Arab both were balawombangoan... does that mean they are both from the same ethnic group?
    Look up the definitions of Nation and State in the dictionary Speer. A state is a single political entity, while a nation is a group of people of the same ethnicity. Thus Cherokee nation, but the State of Oklahoma. Nation States are entities where these distinctions significantly overlap, like France or Spain or Japan.
    He's got the Midas touch.
    But he touched it too much!
    Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Originally posted by Azazel

You're stupid tassadar, and you don't know nothing about this.

Pay him no heed, David. Comrade Tassadar is a Net Rat, a kid pretending to be an married man with kids. Perhaps when he matures some, he will understand how completely inappropriate it is to compare Israel to the Nazis, as no matter what you think of Israel's policies they have done nothing close to wide-scale extermination policies pereprtrated by Nazi Germany.

to Israel for defending itself. Seems like a no brainer- when a populace is engaged in an active campaign to murder your populace, you don't let the populace trying to destroy you gain citizenship in your country.
      "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

yeah great... thats how israelis defeat their political opponents... call them idiots...
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Heaven forbid that refugees would find a way to get around a racist law and return to their homes

I see you've grown tired of thinking and returned to silly one liners.

yeah great... thats how israelis defeat their political opponents... call them idiots...

only when it fits

Seriously though, you should take Sikander's post into account. It is the basic difference between state and nation and it is one of the basis of modern political science.

Comment

put Sikander didn't address the fact that israel is still a jewish homeland... am i missing something? would you be all for the creation of a german homeland?
            "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Panag, your diversion attempts are not going to work. I've encountered them enough times to expose them every time they happen.
              So, let me get this straight: There is NO occupation of Palestine, there are NO buildings being demolished, the people of Israel PROFOUNDLY support a Palestinian homeland, the people of Israel DO NOT support this law, and the people of Israel PROFOUNDLY support equal rights for Palestine?

Answer each with a yes or no question please. Any other answers will be constituted as a diversion tactic and will be exposed as such.
              Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
              Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Tass, you forgot one. There has been no unending war on the state of Israel for the last 55 years (or so) that might give rise to what the Israelis do to preserve themselves.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by Albert Speer
                  put Sikander didn't address the fact that israel is still a jewish homeland... am i missing something? would you be all for the creation of a german homeland?
                  Pssst: There already is one!

And Palestine is about to be yet another homeland for the Palestinian people, when two are already in place (Lebanon and Jordan, all of which were to some extent parts of palestine).

Comment

Working...
                  X