Changes to Israeli citizenship law aka I hate CNN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar

Yeah, when one nation invades another nation they have the right to limit the occupies from gaining citizenship

The people of Israel have no short term memory. They remember the Arab invasions of thousands of years ago, yet they dont remember Nazi Germany. And so they are willing to inflict it upon others.

Israel

its a shame that you have no idea whatsoever of reality , ......
    - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
    - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
    WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Originally posted by panag

its a shame that you have no idea whatsoever of reality , ......

The facts speak for themselves Panag. Israel is emulating its former opressors, and for that you should be ashamed.
      Heck, even the Israeli people support this That's INCREDIBLY sad
      Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
      Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

In general, I don't agree with granting automatic citizenship to a person simply because they marry a citizen of a country. In Ireland you can't get citizenship by simply marrying a person (it hasn't stopped a few of the more enterprising refugees from trying it anyway - just in case ). Marrying an Irish citizen allows you to apply for citizenship, but you can still be rejected.

Despite this, I'm not in favour of what Israel was attempting to do - it's too selective. What Israel should do is enforce this law in all cases i.e. no matter what country someone's from, they can't gain automatic citizenship simply by marrying an Israeli; then they wouldn't leave themselves open to these accusations being aired on CNN.

I'm surprised that Israelis are marrying into Arab terrorist families though. I would have imagined that Israeli's would have been more cautious; i.e. they would perform a quick background check (go and meet the immediate family of the spouse) to see if any of the family were involved with the militant groups. If what I've seen on television is true, Palestinians involved with Hamas and the other terrorist groups aren't exactly shy about admitting it.
        STDs are like pokemon... you gotta catch them ALL!!!

Comment

The facts speak for themselves Panag. Israel is emulating its former opressors, and for that you should be ashamed.
          Heck, even the Israeli people support this That's INCREDIBLY sad
          the fact is that you have no idea what the facts are , .......

and that you post some BS without having any knowledge or comprehension about what goes on , ....

heck its thanks to people with such views that we have problems , outsiders who see things not the way they are and start to spill out BS on an unprecedented scale , ....... thats a fact !

and for that you should be ashamed , no-one else , ......
          - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
          - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
          WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Originally posted by our_man
            In general, I don't agree with granting automatic citizenship to a person simply because they marry a citizen of a country. In Ireland you can't get citizenship by simply marrying a person (it hasn't stopped a few of the more enterprising refugees from trying it anyway - just in case ). Marrying an Irish citizen allows you to apply for citizenship, but you can still be rejected.

Despite this, I'm not in favour of what Israel was attempting to do - it's too selective. What Israel should do is enforce this law in all cases i.e. no matter what country someone's from, they can't gain automatic citizenship simply by marrying an Israeli; then they wouldn't leave themselves open to these accusations being aired on CNN.

I'm surprised that Israelis are marrying into Arab terrorist families though. I would have imagined that Israeli's would have been more cautious; i.e. they would perform a quick background check (go and meet the immediate family of the spouse) to see if any of the family were involved with the militant groups. If what I've seen on television is true, Palestinians involved with Hamas and the other terrorist groups aren't exactly shy about admitting it.
            hi ,

actually we are more relaxed when it comes to our laws compared to the countries of the EU or north america in regards of immigration , .......

if we where to act and work like the US ins our people would simply not accept it , .....

yet its accepted in most countries ( simple laws of imm and customs ) if we as the Israeli nation try to implement them we get a crapload of BS trown at our heads , ........ funny world , ....

have a nice day

Comment

Uh how is this not a racist law Siro? You're essentially treating Israeli Arabs as 2nd class citizens.

How the flying f&ck are we treating Israeli arabs as 2nd class citizens with this law?

I promise you that any Jewish person who wants to marry a Palestinian (and yes, there are such marriages. not many, but several every year) will be just as troubled.

Another problem is that using the previous law, the Palestinians got to realize the "Demand for Return": Palestinians would marry Israelis by the dozens (sometimes fictitiously) and immigrate inside Israel.

Comment

Originally posted by panag

the fact is that you have no idea what the facts are , .......

and that you post some BS without having any knowledge or comprehension about what goes on , ....

heck its thanks to people with such views that we have problems , outsiders who see things not the way they are and start to spill out BS on an unprecedented scale , ....... thats a fact !

and for that you should be ashamed , no-one else , ......
                Yes, your right. Israel isn't even IN the West Bank or Gaza! It's simply an anti-sematic conspiracy by everyone else in the world! There is no demolishing of houses or shooting of reporters! No oppression! No curfew!
                Thats...um...What the Palestinans are doing to ISRAELIS!!! Palestine has invaded Israel and is forcing all the Israelis into their homes! Theyre putting up settlements in all Israeli territories and demolishing Israeli houses!!! They must be stopped immediately!

Panag, your attempti to shift the blame for your jingoism to me will fail At least I acknowledge my nations problems and wish to solve them. Because if one does not acknowledge the problem exists...It can never be solved.
                I do support the Jews and their quest for a homeland. But when they have to opress and kill innocents for that homeland, ESPECIALLY considering the same thing happend to them, it disgusts me. I'm not anti-semetic, however I am extremly disappointed with not only the Israeli government but the Israeli people for allowing this to continue. History has given them a hard lesson, and they would rather push it into the back of their minds instead of embracing it and preventing it from happening again.

Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

You're stupid tassadar, and you don't know nothing about this.

urgh.NSFW

Comment

CNN? Pro-Arab bias?

12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Killing it is the new killing it
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Tassadar:

why would you ever support a jewish homeland? that is an inherently racist idea that a single ethnic group/religion should have a country to itself...
                      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Albert Speer
                        Tassadar:

why would you ever support a jewish homeland? that is an inherently racist idea that a single ethnic group/religion should have a country to itself...
                        You complain about racism while calling yourself after a Nazi minister?
                        "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Yes, your right. Israel isn't even IN the West Bank or Gaza! It's simply an anti-sematic conspiracy by everyone else in the world! There is no demolishing of houses or shooting of reporters! No oppression! No curfew!
                          Thats...um...What the Palestinans are doing to ISRAELIS!!! Palestine has invaded Israel and is forcing all the Israelis into their homes! Theyre putting up settlements in all Israeli territories and demolishing Israeli houses!!! They must be stopped immediately!

Panag, your attempti to shift the blame for your jingoism to me will fail At least I acknowledge my nations problems and wish to solve them. Because if one does not acknowledge the problem exists...It can never be solved.
                          I do support the Jews and their quest for a homeland. But when they have to opress and kill innocents for that homeland, ESPECIALLY considering the same thing happend to them, it disgusts me. I'm not anti-semetic, however I am extremly disappointed with not only the Israeli government but the Israeli people for allowing this to continue. History has given them a hard lesson, and they would rather push it into the back of their minds instead of embracing it and preventing it from happening again.

just a simple Q , if you can post at apolyton , then you must be able to find an internet search machine , right , .......

well ones you have done that , and ones you have seen a bit about facts you share them with us , ........

you dont have a clue what you are talking about or what the facts are , THATS a fact , ......

oh , btw , you are always welcome to come and see for yourself about the facts , ..........

and i dont have to shift any blame what so ever , ....

if there is someone to blame then its people from 10 000 miles away who want to shove us false facts and other BS like yours down our troaths , ......

and the sad thing about it is that we as a people in Israel have to pay for that with the ultimate price , THATS a fact , .....

oh yes , i did not try to " attempti " anything at all , .....

its you who is trying for who knows what reason to spread BS on Israel , its people and its situation , both from the past and today , THATS an other fact , ......

and as for the rest of some people , well if you want a tour you know where to write , then you can come and see for yourself , that is if you have the courage , because in doing so some would have to admit they are wrong , .......

Comment

Originally posted by Sirotnikov
                            Another problem is that using the previous law, the Palestinians got to realize the "Demand for Return": Palestinians would marry Israelis by the dozens (sometimes fictitiously) and immigrate inside Israel.
                            Heaven forbid that refugees would find a way to get around a racist law and return to their homes.
                            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

It's a good law, that all countries should adapt.
                              får jag köpa din syster? tre kameler för din syster!

Comment

Working...
                              X