Bush Takes Responsibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oedo

no apology necessary, but at least you should take responsibility for what you said in this thread.

as you can see in politics, taking responsibility causes no further consequences.
    Name one thing me and DRose have in common. Nothing. So I am not taking responsibility of nothing.
    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

You're both posting in the OT...

But don't you worry about it Drosem Fez has never taken responsibility for anything. So don't expect any.

Comment

Originally posted by Kropotkin
        You're both posting in the OT...
        Obvious really wasn't it?

Comment

It's quite a lot that's really obvious when Fez is involved in anything.

Comment

It's quite a lot that's really obvious when Fez is involved in anything.
            HEhehee... well I was attacked in this thread. Like on my birthday. I got a wave of attacks from you people on my birthday. And I have received them today in this thread.
            For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

What goes around comes around. That's what's obvious to me.

Comment

What goes around comes around. That's what's obvious to me.
                I don't think so.

Comment

Fine.

Comment

Somehow, Bush has turned a non event into an event by first dodging and weaving, and then saying he took full responsibility.

Too late.

As others have pointed out, there was nothing at all inaccurate in the 16 word statement. The statement attributed the intelligence to the British and that was true statement by itself. Moreover, the British continue to stand behind their intelligence.

Bush should never have stated that there was a mistake in putting the statement in his speech.
                    http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Brits are standing behind their intelligence, Berz.
                      Last edited by SlowwHand; July 31, 2003, 12:32.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I just hate people who like overstating little mistakes. They are nothing more than political partisans who want to see America suffer. They make a big deal about 16 words, so the nation can suffer. They want to distract the country from combating terrorism and before you know it there will be another terrorist attack because some political partisans just couldn't keep their self righteous behavior to themselves. I see this behavior here in this forum all the time!

Comment

Overall, the tendency to give to much importance to a few phrases here and there instead of focusing on the more important things, is not very productive. In this case I suppose what Bush actually do is somewhat more important than what he said in some general speech. Another example is economists that spend a lot of effort on exacly what Greenspan states as an indication of economic development. Missunderstandings should be expected .

Comment

Re: Bush Takes Responsibility

Originally posted by Berzerker

Confused? You've just entered the Twilight Zone where politicians take responsibility without ever taking responsibility.
                            You're right on the nose, Berserker

Comment

yay, it only took him 7 months!
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by FrustratedPoet

In that case you should probably correct the spelling.
                                Why? The original was probably mispronounced anyway...
                                12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                                Killing it is the new killing it
                                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                                X