Bush Takes Responsibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bush Takes Responsibility

Huh? He did? That's what I hear from the media, and that's what I even heard from Bush. But what exactly is he taking responsibility for?

Bush was asked about the mis-information - the now infamous "16 words" - in his State of the Union speech and whether or not he was taking responsibility for those words. Pardon me, but would that be those 16 words Bush said were in his speech because of British intelligence, the CIA and George Tenet, Condoleeza Rice, Steven Hadley, et al? So Bush said he always takes responsibility for what he says . Was Bush admitting those words were inaccurate and should not have been in the speech even after repeatedly pointing to the British and their continued vouching for that information? Was he offering an apology? Just when did Bush reach the conclusion he needed to "take responsibility" for those words? After all his attempts to convince us we should accept their validity even in the face of growing skepticism or before he and his people started pointing to everyone else in the mad rush to pass the hot potato?

Confused? You've just entered the Twilight Zone where politicians take responsibility without ever taking responsibility. You know, the same weird landscape Janet Reno wandered off into when she took responsibility for the tragedy at Waco by staying in office for almost 8 years. "I'm responsible, now shut up so I can do my job (which includes taking responsibility?)"!

Was Bush also taking responsibility for the weeks he spent avoiding responsibility with claims that "we've found bio-labs", "the British stand by their intelligence", "Saddam was harboring Al-Qaida", blah blah blah? I usually don't give a **** what foreigners think of the US, but we better find those WMD.
    I'll tell you, I'm getting tired of this guy. He reminds me of Bill Clinton, which is ironic because I thought the chasm between them wrt honesty was vast. It was truly pathetic seeing this clown wear that smirk while telling us how he "takes responsibility".

Allow me to direct you to my lastest sig. It shall remain there for a good long while (until King George is over-thrown) as reminder that these words came from the horse's ass. Let's see how long he remembers his own words and owns up to his "responsibility," absolutely.
    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

"Dear Leader"? The Misleader seems more accurate.
      Official Homepage of the HiRes Graphics Patch for Civ2

Comment

Liberals... maybe Ann Coulter is right...
        For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Fascists... maybe History is right...

Fez, I'm still waiting for an apology from you for your behavior in your birthday thread.

"Dear Leader George W. Bush" is a tongue-in-check saying I've picked up from Democratic Underground. Funny stuff there in their weekly Top 10 Conservative Idiots list...though at the same time disturbing because it is all fact. And yes, Fez, non-Republicans have made appearances in the lists before.

Comment

Ann Coulter...what a stream of censored words SHE is... :Puke:

Shame on you Fez; you DO realize she is spawned from the same vile pit of Hell as Rev. Pat Robertson, Pol Pot, and Jerry Lewis don't you?

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
              Allow me to direct you to my lastest sig. It shall remain there for a good long while
              In that case you should probably correct the spelling.
              If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

maybe Ann Coulter is right...
                Would you mean her first book "Slander" or her addendum "Treason"?

Comment

, Blair 'Takes responsability' too, actually he thuroughly believes it was right about things, while skillfully hiding behind various enquiries and such.
                  Freedom Doesn't March.

-I.

Comment

Why the hell are you losers still harping on about this irrelevant ****? There's so many things to attack Bush on, you would think you could latch onto one that actually reflects badly on the man.
                    KH FOR OWNER!
                    ASHER FOR CEO!!
                    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

And while I'm at it...Fez, allow me to direct YOU PERSONALLY to this thread...

...for this pair of quotes:
                      Oerdin said...
                      Maybe because they are ****ing criminals and Americans don't like criminals who ignore our laws and just continue to do what ever the hell they feel like do. Maybe we think that such criminals are not worthy of becoming citizens and that we would rather see deserving law abiding people become citizens. Naw, that couldn't be it. Please continue your baseless leftist rant.
                      And I responded...
                      ... And passing me off as a" leftist" was just rude. You know squat about my political leanings and opinions, so painting a label on me doesn't do much to swing my opinion in favor of your views...
                      Emphasis on the "you know squat about my political leanings and opinions" part of it.

Comment

Fascists... maybe History is right...

Fez, I'm still waiting for an apology from you for your behavior in your birthday thread.

"Dear Leader George W. Bush" is a tongue-in-check saying I've picked up from Democratic Underground. Funny stuff there in their weekly Top 10 Conservative Idiots list...though at the same time disturbing because it is all fact. And yes, Fez, non-Republicans have made appearances in the lists before.
                        How insulting.

I am not giving you any apology. That birthday thread was dumb.
                        For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Originally posted by Fez

How insulting.

Fez, your behaviour in that thread was APPALLING, despite my trying to get you to ignore the naysayers and focus on those of us that weren't attacking you. There were plenty of honest well-wishing posts in that thread for you to focus on instead of the [SARCASM] totally unforseen and unexpected [/SARCASM] negative posts by people who get their jollies in taunting you.

Now you act all "I'm the victim, I'm the victim, woe is me" and expect me to keep caring? Congradulations Fez, you are now the first person I've ever added to ANY of my ignore lists anywhere.

Hope you like your present, drama queen.

Comment

Fez, your behaviour in that thread was APPALLING, despite my trying to get you to ignore the naysayers and focus on those of us that weren't attacking you. There were plenty of honest well-wishing posts in that thread for you to focus on instead of the [SARCASM] totally unforseen and unexpected [/SARCASM] negative posts by people who get their jollies in taunting you.

Now you act all "I'm the victim, I'm the victim, woe is me" and expect me to keep caring? Congradulations Fez, you are now the first person I've ever added to ANY of my ignore lists anywhere.

Hope you like your present, drama queen.
                            Somebody say something? Man why the heck do you care about me anyways? I have nothing in common with you.

Comment

Originally posted by Fez
                              no apology necessary, but at least you should take responsibility for what you said in this thread.

as you can see in politics, taking responsibility causes no further consequences.
                              justice is might

Comment

Working...
                              X