No announcement yet.

Apolyton Camping Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come on guys. If you're going to do camping then ya got to do real camping.

Head to Mount Robson in BC.

The hike in is an easy 20k, up about 5,000 feet. You get to go over cool bridges, up some almost cliff-like paths.

Then you get to Berg Lake, one of the most incredible places in the world. It makes the sweat and effort all worthwhile. I mean look at this pic. It's friggin gorgeous.
    Attached Files
    Golfing since 67

Comment

Either that or rent a cottage on a lake with a dock and power boat for water skiing.
      Golfing since 67

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
        I think the real explanation is that he meant to say "bristled."
        You can use the term "bridled".
        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Killing it is the new killing it
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

We could meet at Petit Jean State Park in Arkansas.
          All the Canadian's should like it.
          Named after a French girl that died there.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Arkansas. Eh. I've been there - went to Hot Springs. Decent place, but no urge to go back.

Well, maybe to the mountains.
            Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
            Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

This is the Ozarks. It's real pretty, David.
              Mt. Magazine fairly near.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse

You can use the term "bridled".
                No, you can misuse the term "bridled." Bridled means restrained. It has nothing to do with taking umbrage to something.
                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

NE Minnesota is also on the Lauretanian shield. 250ft tall white pine (Pinus strobus) over 2 billion year old rock; an awsome combination. we can also do some canoeing, or FISHING.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                    Well, let me see here. Since you are locked into camping must be in mountains, Davis Mountains.
                    If they aren't at least 10,000 feet tall then they aren't worth seeing.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Are you planning to parachute?

Comment

• Originally posted by Odin
                        NE Minnesota is also on the Lauretanian shield. 250ft tall white pine (Pinus strobus) over 2 billion year old rock; an awsome combination. we can also do some canoeing, or FISHING.
                        Yeah, definitely early morning fishing. It's a great cure for a hangover. Just get in the boat, relax, and if you catch some lake trout, man does it taste fine when fried up in some butter over a campfire.
                        Golfing since 67

Comment

• Why not make it far from everyone and go to Denali?
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boris Godunov

No, you can misuse the term "bridled." Bridled means restrained. It has nothing to do with taking umbrage to something.
                            v. intr.
                            1. To lift the head and draw in the chin as an expression of scorn or resentment.
                            2. To show anger or resentment; take offense: bridling at the criticism.

Camping is fun. Camping with random strangers is weird.
                            Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                            "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

• Originally posted by Tingkai
                              Yeah, definitely early morning fishing. It's a great cure for a hangover. Just get in the boat, relax, and if you catch some lake trout, man does it taste fine when fried up in some butter over a campfire.
                              Trout? We catch Walleye up here.

Comment

• No such thing as strangers. Only friends one hasn't met yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X