Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Step into the confessional . . . what REALLY scares you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pekka

I was working in my dads construction site one summer and the .. what you call it.. uhm well not ladders but thingies there set up so you can climb there broke down (it wasn't attached to anything, was found out later), and I did a full flip and landed on my backto the ground, from somewhere between second store. Ever since I've been kind of little shaky climbing high without secure measurements. I wouldn't say I'm afraid of hights, but ever since I haven't been able to trust that something will hold where I put my hand or foot.
    I think the english word is "scaffolds"... not certain though. And you're lucky you landed on your back
    No sequels from that?
    What?

Comment

snakes and spiders.
      having diarrhea on highway in a hot day with car full of relatives.
      When I was in college the Geology department used to take us on these long field trips with like 15 people packed into one van. Any way one of the chicks had diarrhea and she was in the back of the van. She ended up climbing over like 6 people before getting out of the van and running off into the bushes.

I'm still pissed I didn't have my camera.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Richelieu

I think the english word is "scaffolds"... not certain though. And you're lucky you landed on your back
        No sequels from that?
        Yes I was VERY lucky! Worker there rush down and thought I was dead or at least paralized or something like that, it was a WILD fall. But I landed very flat, only hurt my ancle a bit, just a sprained it a bit, nothing else. Except a bit of a shock. There were some people walking in the street right next to the house, and they were also freezed like something horrible jsut happened. You know, a little quiet moment and no one moves. man that was scary, because I didn't know how bad I was hurt. Then I just had to test myself 'legs work, check, hands work, check..'.. But I was very lucky. It was maybe one in a million landing that I didn't get hurt at all.
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

I took the rest of the day off, naturally, but it was funny because they were talking to me like they couldn't believe nothing bad happened and one of them said that he thought I landed on my head. Because I fell forward in a superman flying position, like a wild leap and then started going head first but it was a full flip and I landed on my back. Phew, even talking and thinking about it makes me sweat.
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

I fell forward in a superman flying position, like a wild leap and then started going head first but it was a full flip and I landed on my back.
            Not only you didn't get hurt but you did it in style
            What?

Comment

I know But I screamed like a little girl. But I'd like to think people don't remember that, but only my wild leap .
              In da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                I don't care about anything enough to get scared badly.
                ARRRRRGHHH! The HORROR!!!!!

Nice troll.
                Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
                "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

edited
                  In da butt.

Comment

Worms.
                    The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

What scares me?

People who wear socks with sandals!

But seriously, it would have to be heights (acrophobia).
                      "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                      "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Bugs. The crawly kind if it doesn't have a shell, or the flying kind if it has big wings or it stings.
                        meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Originally posted by mrmitchell
                          Bugs. The crawly kind if it doesn't have a shell, or the flying kind if it has big wings or it stings.
                          You would not have enjoyed the camping trip I took in part of the Amazon when I was living in Ecaudor over one summer.

We slept on matresses with only a simple net screen around each matress to shield us from the critters of the night -- and in the rainforests, insects grow BIG.
                          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Also PWS designs are scary. But in a good way.
                            In da butt.

Comment

Also PWS designs are scary. But in a good way.
                              PWS??
                              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Punisher Weapon Systems.
                                In da butt.

Comment

Working...
                                X