• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not satire?

Comment

Originally posted by skywalker
      It's not satire?
      if it isn't... some people in this world have big issues...
      For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

I don't think it's suppose to be.

Imagine if your history books looked like that!

Soon, in California, that is how they will look... sadly.
        Monkey!!!

Comment

It's quite sad really. Glad I don't have to put up with this nonsense in Britain.

Comment

It just gets stupider and stupider:

Comment

Satan looks like he's one really gimpy old guy.
              meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Dear, oh dear!!

That is truly disturbing

Protestantism (dare i say) evolved from the challenging of the authority of the church's claim as being part of the line of authority between man and god. As usual, religious nuts went a step further and interpreted the bible to such an extent so they can proclaim that catholics will all go to hell.

All it shows is that fundamentalist protestants are every bit as much fruitcakes as any other fundamentalist

Yet another example of religion being no more than organisations of deludedness. To be fair, though, political groups find their own reasons to justify to themselves the inhumane killing of people they disagree with.

If there's a hell, it's made for people like these

Comment

Originally posted by Fez
                  I nearly choked on some pretzels I was eating while reading that..

Its hilarious... This is one area I find myself in complete agreement with Odin in... now this isn't right..
                  Better yet, have T-rex come and eat up the creationists like that lawyer was in Jurassic Park.

It annoys me how creationists f*ck up High School biology classes by telling lawmakers that evolution is a theory. Evolution is a law of nature, Natural Selection and Genetic Drift are the theories. I am also annoyed by people who think humans are the pinicle of evolution. Natural Selection has no preordained goal, it can only tweak species to help them in thier enviroment. Brain size is no more important then any other trait. our huge brains come at a high price, it uses 20% of our metabolism just to function.

I am a stout athiest, I believe that there is absolutely no omipotent being(s).

Comment

Natural selection isn't a theory - it's a tautology. You can't argue against it. Note that this isn't a bad thing - for example, gravity is tautological too.

Comment

HEY! Waitaminnit... How come God looks just like Buddah AND Allah?!?

Hee hee... evil trilobites and blood-sucking coelocanths!

What flavour is your boson?
                      -30-

Comment

Originally posted by Odin
                        I am also annoyed by people who think humans are the pinicle of evolution.
                        We may be be the pinnacle of evolution, but of course evolution dictates that if we are, we won't be for long (geoloically speaking, of course )

Comment

How do you know we aren't? There's a strong case to be made for the end of human evolution, and another sentient, technological species would be hard-pressed to survive.

Comment

not this site again...

Comment

Originally posted by skywalker

How do you know we aren't? There's a strong case to be made for the end of human evolution, and another sentient, technological species would be hard-pressed to survive.
                              That doesn't make us the pinicle of evolution any more then those glorified, orange carp (Goldfish) in my aquarium. Human evolution is only slowing because of the lack of strong selection pressures (at leat in the industrialized world) as medicine has made people who would of died in infancy (PKU for example) treatible. Just because we are very unusual doesn't make us above other organisms. We are as just as well adapted for our ecological niche (large, grassland-dwelling omnivore) as any other organism is in it's niche.

Comment

For those interested here is a site on the history of life or is a fossil nut:

Home page for Palaeos: all about the evolutionary history of life on Earth through geological time.

*well we were talking about killer trilobites and blood-sucking Coelocanths*

Comment

Working...
                                X