Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Ronald Reagon that bad of a president?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ned

Just for your information, while Reagan was still governor California, IIRC, there was an anti-gay initiative on the ballot. Everyone expected Reagan to be in favor of the propostion given that he was a "conservative." Reagan surprised most people by coming out strongly against the proposition. As a result, the proposition failed.
    Now that I didn't know...

I have no idea how Reagan "failed" when AIDS first appeared. However, he was NOT a gay bashing social conservative AFAIK.
    I will read more. If I was president, I wouldn't know how to respond... I don't think Reagan failed, but he did underestimate AIDs.
    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• 1! 1! 1!!!!!! For the love of God 1!
      "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
      You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

• There were more people here who like Reagan than I thought... or at least don´t hate him. (Those giving him a grade of 6 or higher)
        For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Working...
        X