Dead By Friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ask for an amp of morphine in the arm

You may not take me seriously... but I am finishing up my first degree at med school next year

Comment

Hmmm....no thanks...doing just fine here.

OK, as for 'noid boy here--it doesn't matter, because once you are sedated, your ability to psychosomatically kill yourself will be reduced, as your subconscious will be active and unable to fulfill its killer functions on a covert level.
      Its a paradox I'm afraid you will survive.

Life and death is a grave matter;
      all things pass quickly away.
      Each of you must be completely alert;
      never neglectful, never indulgent.

Comment

mmmmmm, dry socket. You'll wish for death if you end up with that.
        "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
        You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSneak
          OK, as for 'noid boy here--it doesn't matter, because once you are sedated, your ability to psychosomatically kill yourself will be reduced, as your subconscious will be active and unable to fulfill its killer functions on a covert level.
          Its a paradox I'm afraid you will survive.

Wohoo! Thank you! That's what I was looking for. Along with thinking too much, and being incredibly paranoid, I am also very, very logical. Knowing that there is nothing to fear, the fear goes away.

Then again, there is still the chance that I die by the drugs and not my ****ed up brain, but that's unavoidable.
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

What Orange said. Avoid it at all costs. Keep those holes clean.
            The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Originally posted by orange
              mmmmmm, dry socket. You'll wish for death if you end up with that.
              Dude, I missed something big here... what?
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Dry socket = infected post-op holes where teeth used to be.

This isn't the same thing a losing a tooth as a child. The surgical removal of a tooth goes much deeper into the jaw; baby teeth are simply pushed out of the way by incoming adult teeth. Removing adult teeth goes all the way to the jaw bone. Infection very bad and painful, but managable if dealt with immediately.

Comment

Oh great, another fear for me to deal with.

Comment

Just don't let wisdom teeth grow too large.. my dad had them removed by 30 and he spent two weeks in the hospital. His dentist didn't do his job by not telling him. He saw a new dentist and he was told the news.
                    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Lorizael,

Thank you for your question. As we all know oral surgery is indeed a risky business - but you (as an American) have a God given right to refuse the gasses they currently plan to put you under with. Gasses are a very volatile element in nature, producing such catastrophies as the Hindenburg, Mushroom clouds from nuclear explosions, and even sudden death in humans.

What you will indeed want to do is undergo CONSCIOUS surgery at your own medication - I suggest morphine (the reason OxyContin is not used for surgery is its emphasis on euphoria rather than body load). Morphine is a perfectly suitable substance for pseudo-sedation, especially if your neighborhood does not produce any Fentanyl.

What you will need is two (2) 30mg time released capsules, found readily with any local marijuana, cocaine or PCP dealer at about 25$ per unit. Crush the pills as best possible with a large coin or hammer, and dump the resulting powder into a large spoon. From here you will want to add about 30 units of water from a syringe and mix (a medical guide for buying syringes can be found here). Mix the solution until consistent - then add heat to the bottom of the spoon: moving open flame back and forth to avoid boiling. Once whispers appear from the substance, mix vigorously and then let cool down.

Proceed to draw the solution into the syringe through a small cotton filter, tie your arm to settle and magnify veins - and inject into the biggest, most stable one you can find.

This must all be done in the washroom of the oral surgeon's office - for driving to the clinic while heavily sedated is UNSAFE and irresponisble. Good luck, and best wishes.

-Doc
                      Last edited by Zylka; July 20, 2003, 01:52.

Comment

Ouch. Well, they'll be gone by Friday.

I need to stop myself from making assumptions. When I first saw you in this thread, Fez, I thought you were going to say that it's good that a dirty pinko saddamist liberal commie like me was going to die.

Comment

Lorizael, I like you too much for politics to interfere. I thought this thread was one of suicidial nature... but wisdom teeth... I went through it... my dad had a very bad time with the removal.. about 15 years too late...
                          For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Zylka, you are very strange.

Comment

Originally posted by Fez
                              Lorizael, I like you too much for politics to interfere. I thought this thread was one of suicidial nature... but wisdom teeth... I went through it... my dad had a very bad time with the removal.. about 15 years too late...
                              Don't worry about suicide from me, I swore that off several years ago. Decided that if there was something up there, then I was going to the bad place, and that if there wasn't anything up there, that something is always better than nothing.

I also decided that I was more important than everything else in my life, so nothing was ever worth my life.

Zylka, I think I'll stay away from drugs. Thanks for the advice though.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael
                                You know, as funny as all this is, no one here has told me how not to die.
                                If you're under general anesthesia, (IIRC, it's stage 3, plane 4, been a while since I read the SF medic's field manual, which tells you how to do it in the boonies when you have no real facilities.), you are physiologically below the level commonly associated with either sleep or unconsciousness - brain activity isn't the same, involuntary reflexes aren't there or are very limited (why your muscles don't push on the knife when the doc cuts you for real surgery.)

As such, you don't have anything like normal dream states or "subconscious" states. What you do sometimes get is an agitated, sometimes mildly to moderately violent (muscle reactions, head whipping and such, not running after people with a chainsaw ) reaction and some nausea coming out of anesthesia. So by the time you're able to get mentally weird again, instead of in near rutabaga-like nirvana, you're already essentially awake and over it.

Not sure how the dental version of general anasthesia works, I haven't been ***** enough to need it - when I had my wisdoms done, I did novocaine, then biked 20 miles back to work. (which was 25 miles from home.) Spitting out the blood kept the holes cleaned out initially, then the salt water trick worked just fine.

I assume since they don't have a gas passer right there on the scene, it's not near as involved as anesthesia for real surgery, but you probably get close enough to rutabaga-nirvana for normal neuroses and stuff to disappear for the time being. You can do it under novocaine - the only thing that's a bit disconcerting, since dentists like you flat on your back, is the blood and saliva draining into the back of your throat, but that's what that little suction thingy is for. You don't really bleed that much, anyway. The other thing, but it's no biggy if you're not a total pencil-neck, is they have to sort of wrestle the things out of their nice snuggly little nest in your jaw and your maxillary bone (upper jaw/face bone) That's just a little tug of war, and you can hear a little crunching, but the novocaine assures you don't actually feel pain - you're just aware that the dentist is gator rassling' in the back of your mouth.

Hope this helps.
                                When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Working...
                                X