Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You think Iraq is bad? Look at Chechnya...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Azazel
    I am sure you'll apperciate some books about the conflict from North Vietnam, as well.
    Sorry, I can't read communist propaganda. It makes my stomach turn.
    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• now we've that covered, we need a source as unbiased as possible. Now that we all know that the south was a brutal dictatorship, what about the north?
      urgh.NSFW

Comment

• Short Memory
        Midnight Oil

Conquistador of Mexico,
        the Zulu and the Navaho
        The Belgians in the Congo
        short memory

Plantation in Virginia,
        the Raj in British India
        The deadline in South Africa
        short memory

The story of El Salvador,
        the silence of Hiroshima
        Destruction of Cambodia
        short memory

Short memory, must have a, short memory

A smallish man Afghanistan,
        a watch dog in a nervous land
        They're only there to lend a hand
        short memory

(Hirst/Moginie/Garrett)
        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• Originally posted by Azazel
          now we've that covered, we need a source as unbiased as possible. Now that we all know that the south was a brutal dictatorship, what about the north?
          Henry Kissinger wrote on both and said both were dictatorships. The North was far more brutal than the South.
          For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Azazel, good posts throughout the whole thread
            Freedom is just unawareness of being manipulated.

Comment

Working...
            X