No announcement yet.

Harry Potter or LotR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only perverts like Harry Potter. His a little boy who acts like a girl... yeah, the type priests like.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

LOrd of the rings!

I've gone out of my way not to read or watch that potty-thing. It can't be good!
      CSPA

Comment

lord of the mark is one of the few sane people in this thread.

Why some people think LOTR and Harry Potter are in competition, and that you can't recognise the merits and faults of both of them, is baffling to me.

Only internet dorks could have these arguments.
        If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Originally posted by Japher

What is kind of boring, and I love fantasy, is Jordan's Wheel of Time series... Talk about poor character development (or at least sparatic development) and an even poorer creation of a world...
          You want to talk about boring fantasy books? read 'The Chronicals of Thomas Covenant', the worst book i have EVER read.

Comment

What's the best thing is the Potty kid's author was a struggling single mother.
            No struggling now.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Albert Speer
              cinch:

carter just barely made my poll... there's countless other guards who were more than worthy of this limited, four slot poll but i was in some kind of odd mood and threw him in... damn maybe Stockton would've been a better choice especially since he's old school...

anyway just because carter dunks people think he's so great... :rollseyes:
              Yeah, but he plays for the Raptors, so I gotta like him.

I was just jokin' around, though...

My real answer is Steve "The Greatest" Nash.

There's none better!

"I wrote a song about dental floss but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?" -Frank Zappa
              "A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue, but moderation in principle is always a vice."- Thomas Paine
              "I'll let you be in my dream if I can be in yours." -Bob Dylan

Comment

Originally posted by reds4ever

You want to talk about boring fantasy books? read 'The Chronicals of Thomas Covenant', the worst book i have EVER read.
                For some daft reason I actually forced myself to read the whole series. Cured me of insomnia for the month or so it took me to wade through 6 volumes of turgid, whiny rubbish.
                Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

LotR! No contest.

But HP does have one advantage: the author is still writing.

Comment

Working...
                  X