Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why do people commit suicide?

Originally posted by Dissident
    If someone wants to commit suicide, why not let them? I know that sounds insenstive. But wouldn't it be more insensitive to not abide by the suicidal person's wishes?
    Because in almost every case the person is not thinking clearly. Usually they are suffering from mental illness. People don't always make the right choices for themselves. Some times they need help.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Tuomerehu

You mean causing quick, physical pain towards yourself, or very stupid decisions made because of apathy and self-hate?
      Phyical pain. I know many people at uni and home (independantly of each other) who do it. People you know could be doing it - most people who do it don't tell many people.

Comment

life is really terrible for some people

but I agree with kidilicious, often people are not thinking clearly

Jon Miller
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Why do freaks feel the need to cut themselves with a knife or scissors or whatever...pointless. A girl I used to know at uni did it, well I couldn't be bothered with her but a mate spent time with her and then ended up phoning her thinking she was a sex line on a drunken night and now they don't talk. She's also fat, how the hell do people let themselves get so huge. I don't know. Crazy..
          www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

As usual Bods shows a massice degree of compassion for his fellow man...

People can do it due to a number of reasons - displacing pain being one. When you're feeling massive degrees of emotional pain (and this is mostly down to real issues - not just because of a break up, etc) it can be a way of displacing it.

Feeling of worthlessness are also a huge factor (which can also lead to eating disorders).

Comment

I'll show compassion for someone when they show compassion for themselves.

Not everyone is a victim.
              www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

yah

but caring for others doesn't take much

Jon Miller
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Boddington's
                  I'll show compassion for someone when they show compassion for themselves.

Not everyone is a victim.
                  I don't even believe THAT.
                  I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                  - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Re: Why do people commit suicide?

Originally posted by Dissident
                    If someone wants to commit suicide, why not let them?
                    In some cases they also hurt other people, when they commit suicide, even if they didn't intent to...

I've heard about one who put a gun into his mouth, and shot his brains out, during the night, at some parking space... It was a 10 year old girl who found him... splattered all over the place... a sight like that, could "hunt" her for the rest of her life, because she wasn't prepared to see what she saw...

As far as I know, he did it because his girl left him, and he did it on the parking space to her appartment...
                    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

damn...

I felt VERY ****ty throughout my life, but I've never thought of simply killing myself. Hell, I even thought of becoming an evil anti-social person, but not killing myself. That's just pointless, and would cause much pain to my family.
                      urgh.NSFW

Comment

ADG - most people who commit suicide (or attempt it) do it in a more private way.

Comment

There's always someone who will find them.

I can't believe liberals are now supporting people who commit suicide and commit self-harm.
                          www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Lemme guess - you're cure for the problem is prison?

Comment

Is attempted suicide a crime?
                              www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

It's not something they arrest you for.

Comment

Working...
                                X