Why do people commit suicide?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do people commit suicide?

Why does the self-survival mechanism not supercede any suicidal thoughts?

Why do humans seem to commit suicide so much? Despite what Fox news might say, those homicide bombers are suicide bombers. They are killing themselves. Why would someone do that?

And why is it popular to take others out with you. I hear even non-suicidal people talk about taking a whole bunch of people out with them if they went out. It seems everyone thinks it's cool to take a whole bunch of people out with you. Why would someone be so selfish to kill other people before committing suicide?

And should suicide be curbed or restricted? Check out this article on internet suicide pacts.

People are saying these sites need to be shut down. But why? If someone wants to commit suicide, why not let them? I know that sounds insenstive. But wouldn't it be more insensitive to not abide by the suicidal person's wishes?

Now I'm not talking about the suicidal ideation. I've had that. I've thought about it, but I've never really came close to actually doing it. And I don't think I would ever have the guts to actually off myself. I would never have the courage to commit suicide. Besides, I enjoy watching the ship we call earth go down- or go to ****. I'm an evil voyeurist.

I've just always thought it ironic how busted up people are in situation where it seems like the "tragic victim" was basically ignored or mistreated during their lives. If we showed even a glimmer more of how much we supposedly care for each other, there'd be a lot less suicides.
    Life and death is a grave matter;
    all things pass quickly away.
    Each of you must be completely alert;
    never neglectful, never indulgent.

Comment

The whole, "taking them out with me" thing is a power thing. I'm more powerful than you and there is nothing you can do about it. I get the last laugh, etc. etc

I think we've all done this at some time or another in our lives.
      We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I may be different from most folks in that regards.

I don't hate other people. I think other people are good for the most part- even liberals. Most of my hatred is directed at myself. I would never kill anyone else before I commit suicide- not that I would commit suicide. I'm enjoying the show- even if I'm not really participating in the show as much as I would like to.

Comment

If I had the chance to kill Osama Bin Laden and it meant I had to die I'd ****ing do it.

Same goes for that other ***** Ayman Al-Zawahiri aka Dr. *****
          We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I will say it again...

A permanent solution to a temporary problem.

While I believe in an after life... I'm in no rush to find out whether I'm right or not.
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

OBL is a bad guy, but I just don't think I'd want to off myself in killing/capturing him.

I'd want to survive, and cash in on the fame killing/capturing OBLwould get me. I'm sure hot women would want to sleep with me then

Comment

Good point.

Well in that case you know some of his boys would be after you.

But I'd be all, "COME GET SOME!!! YOU LIKE WHAT I DID TO YOUR PUNK ASS BOSS!!! THERE'S MORE WHERE THAT CAME FROM YOU PUSSIES!!!"

Man that would be cool as hell.

Comment

I've heard many stories about why people are doing suicide, but none of them makes much sense... the neverending story: "My girl left me, I don't want to live anymore, and she shouldn't either, so I go kill her, then kill myself"

Most people who makes suicide, actually has a much better life as me (Well... it's diffecult to get a such low life, as I have), but still I have never thought about doing suicide, and never will... My life sucks, and I probably don't have much chance to get a good future, but still I'm seing the positive side of everything, that has a positive side...
                  This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

In the immortal words of George Carlin :
                    "Some people are really f***ing stupid!"
                    urgh.NSFW

Comment

People trying to commit suicide are not stupid - I know enough people who've attempted it and wound up in hospital. Often people who've tried it have had their lives ruined by abuse when they were younger.

People rarely 'take others down' with them. In my opinion there are two types of people who, when pushed to desperate extremes, will wither cut themselves or cut others - either metaphorically or literally.

A more topical (and common) issue is that of self-harm. A lot more people do that than you might think.

Comment

I see more logic in being a suicide bomber.
                        urgh.NSFW

Comment

A more topical (and common) issue is that of self-harm. A lot more people do that than you might think
                          You mean causing quick, physical pain towards yourself, or very stupid decisions made because of apathy and self-hate?

Comment

Suicide is also somewhat glamorized in literature, film and other entertainment media.
                            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by red_jon
                              People trying to commit suicide are not stupid - I know enough people who've attempted it and wound up in hospital. Often people who've tried it have had their lives ruined by abuse when they were younger.

People rarely 'take others down' with them. In my opinion there are two types of people who, when pushed to desperate extremes, will wither cut themselves or cut others - either metaphorically or literally.

A more topical (and common) issue is that of self-harm. A lot more people do that than you might think.
                              There are a lot of odd people about.
                              www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Working...
                              X