'Poly D&D?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I say just throw it up

everyone has a few treads per day (but me)

Jon Miller
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Never played before so I think I´m going to watch this and see what I can do later, if you don´t mind of course. Sounds fun .
      The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

Originally posted by Carlos113
        Never played before so I think I´m going to watch this and see what I can do later, if you don´t mind of course. Sounds fun .
        Lurkers will be shot on sight (j/k)

The coordination thread is up!
        cIV list: cheats
        Now watch this drive!

Comment

WTF is point system?
          Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Ok, I´ll be careful .
            The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

Point System:

6 stats; Strength (Str), Dexterity (Dex), Constitution (Con), Intelligence (Int), Wisdom (Wis), Charisma (Chr)

Maximum starting value, before adjustments, per stat. is 18, yeilding an average of 9 per stat. A point system would assigned each player like 54 points to disperse amongst each stat as the player wishes...

Generally, all point systems I have played have given like 60 to 70 points to start with...
              Monkey!!!

Comment

If I'm DM,I may just create the charecters on my D&D charecter cd.
                Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Originally posted by Japher

Good point, but if you allow point swapping between stats that inequality will arise. Also, one could allow for the players to buy points with their initial cps...
                  well, the enequality is only skin deep. Everyone has the same points, so even if they distribute them differently, their attributes will be different, but everyone would have relatively the same power. Yes, one person may be stronger, but another would just have a proportional amount in wisdom or constitution or something like that. With random rolls, the variety of attributes (and thus the variety of types of characters, which is what really makes role playing neat) is astounding, especially if you allow players to take some points form some rolls and add them to others (with limits on this, obviously)
                  "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
                  - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
                  Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                    Point System:

6 stats; Strength (Str), Dexterity (Dex), Constitution (Con), Intelligence (Int), Wisdom (Wis), Charisma (Chr)
                    In our game we added perception to the stats, how good are you senses?

Any interest?

Comment

• Wisdom is weak enough for non-divine spellcasters, no need to weaken it by removing perception stuff from wisdom.
                      "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                      -Joan Robinson

Comment

• Charisma must be replaced with "Trolling" ability in poly D&D
                        money sqrt evil;
                        My literacy level are appalling.

Comment

Working...
                        X