No announcement yet.

San Diego Poly meet update.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FOR GOD'S SAKE SOMEONE ACTUALLY NAME WHERE WE'RE MEETING!
    Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

• bump.

Look for the short heavyset guy in Aggie regala.

AND WHERE ARE WE MEETING? This thread is confusing.
      Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oerdin
        Well folks the final date and time has been set.

We'll be meeting on Saturday Aug. 2nd at 1600 (that's 4:00pm) at the Restaurant "Casa de Bandini" in Old Town San Diego. When you arrive at the restaurant tell the hostess you have reservations and you are with the "Apolyton Meet" and then the hostess will show you to the correct table. CdB is located at Located in the Old Town San Diego State Historic Park.
        (619) 297-8211 No motor vehicles are allowed in Old Town state park so there is no address for the CdB instead you just go to any of the many tourist maps and locate it in the park. If all else fails just ask anyone where to find it because CdB has been voted the best Mexican restaurant in San Diego five times and EVERYBODY knows where it is.

For those of you who care the building were CdB is located is officially California State Historic Landmark #72 and was built in 1829. HERE is it's web page which will show you some of the food (the make ASSUME Margaritas), prices, and decorations. Shorts should be fine since it is a touristy area.

P.S. Can we get a head count so I can make reservations for the correct number of people? Also how does sitting outside sound to everyone? CdB has a great patio with a large Spanish fountain and lots of green shady trees so it will be quite nice.
        Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

Comment

• I'm FINALLY!!!! in San Diego. United just plan sucks. I mean I had to truly horrible flight experience and I don't ever plan on flying with Unitied again.

On the upside I'm on VACATION now and I'm chilling in Diego . A couple of old friends and I are going to be heading out to the Gas Lamp tonight if anyone wantsjoin us. Did everyone else find a place to stay? Are the directions clear enough for everyone and does everyone know where & when to meet? (I think LTEC solved that one )
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lonestar
            bump.

Look for the short heavyset guy in Aggie regala.

AND WHERE ARE WE MEETING? This thread is confusing.
            1600 Saturday at the Casa de Bandini restaurant in Old Town San Diego state park. It's located about where the 5 and the 8 freeways merge and you can just follow the signs leading the way to old town San Diego. Once you get to the restaurant just tell them that you are with the Apolyton Meet and they will send you over to the right table. I'm really looking forward to meet everyone but my boss wouldn't let me borrow the digital camera because he needed it for his cousin's wedding.

Luckily, I have my trusty Nikon N65 so pictures will still be plentiful. I'll just have to do the leg work to scan them in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuberski

Destroyer DD 967. We spent most of our time in port at pier 7 or Pier 1.

ACK!
              Years ago, I used to have several employees (Allison turbine guys, the APG turbines are Allison501's) who'd been on the Hewitt, DD 966.
              When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

• I will bring my digital camera

And I could have told you United sucks. There's a reason they are facing bankruptcy. They'd be toast already if the U.S. gov hadn't bailed them out.

The discount airlines are the way to go now days. I still like southwest airlines.

Comment

• hey Oerdin what are you using for internet access?

I hear libraries have access, but I haven't actually set foot in a library over 10 years

Comment

• Ah. Right.

Comment

• you guys can get really good directions if you go on yahoo and do Driving direction to one of the close by streets (and not the specific address). I picked calhoun street..but there are other you couold pick like maybe wallace steet, juan street, etc.
                      "Speaking on the subject of conformity: This rotting concept of the unfathomable nostril mystifies the fuming crotch of my being!!! Stop with the mooing you damned chihuahua!!! Ganglia!! Rats eat babies!" ~ happy noodle boy

Comment

• Originally posted by Dissident
                        hey Oerdin what are you using for internet access?

I hear libraries have access, but I haven't actually set foot in a library over 10 years
                        I'm free loading off of my folks \. The libraries do have interent access and most hotels now have a computer where costumers can check their e-mail or surf a bit.

Comment

Working...
                        X