No announcement yet.

San Diego Poly meet update.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Casa de Bandini in Old Town was the pick, I think. Should be easy to spot everyone, since on a Saturday in Old Town in SD in the summer, there won't be a tourist in sight.
    When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

but how many of those tourists are the geeky type that look like they haven't had any sun in years?

and how fancy is this restaraunt? Is there a dress code?

and exactly where is old town? the parking doesn't sound good when I hear words like old town. is there parking available?

Comment

There's parking lots all over - absolute guaranteed and free is the Old Town Transit Center, where the SD Trolley and about 8 bus lines connect. Old town is right across the street.

Old Town Transit Center is at the intersection of Taylor and Congress, just east of the I-5. Taylor exits off of the I-8 about a mile east (Hotel Circle / Taylor St. exit)

Zoom down to level 2 on the map, then level 1.

CdB info
        When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat
          I'll meet you.

Just tell me the time and the place and I'll show up with the mini-cam. I'm positive I can bill it as the Apolyton fight of the century and make a couple hundred bucks off of it.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar
            Alright, howabout 1600 Saturday at that restraunt you guys are talking about?
            I can do that. If 1600 on Saturday the 2nd of Aug is the date which works for the greatest number of people then I will post a map with directions to the place here as well as locations of good hotels & Hostels in the city for anyone who's interested.

Comment

thanks for the info.

I think I can find it.

I work friday night. I'll wake up saturday morning and drive down. Let's hope I don't hit too much traffic

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                but how many of those tourists are the geeky type that look like they haven't had any sun in years?

and how fancy is this restaraunt? Is there a dress code?

and exactly where is old town? the parking doesn't sound good when I hear words like old town. is there parking available?
                Dis: Old town is the old Spanish colonial city of San Diego. It's been turned into a nice park where no cars are allowed but there are lots of nearby parking lots like MtG said. Casa de Bandini is a fairly nice restaurant but since it's in laid back San Diego I don't think there is a dress code. Still to be on the safe side were pants and close toed shoes.

Once we figure out how many people are going I will call in and make reservations for us under the "Apolyton Meet" name. That way all you have to do if show up at the restaurant and tell the hostess your here with the Apolyton meet and they will put us all at the correct table.

Comment

You mean we'd actually have to admit publicly we hang out at this geek-hole?

Comment

we can tell them it is actually an anti-terrorist unit of the CIA

Comment

and we demand pictures. of the whole group. including Diss

Comment

I'm going to see about borrowing the digital camera from work. I'm sure they'll say yes and I'll make sure to bring the spare memory stick.

If Lonestar and/or anyone else wants to go out clubbing on Friday night I'd be up for that as well as the dinner get together in old town on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin

Still to be on the safe side were pants and close toed shoes.
                          I can only promise shorts, a Texas A&M/or NAVY T-shirt, and sandels with socks.

Long pants are for weddings and work!
                          Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

I have a digital camera as well. I can take pictures. I keep meaning to post a picture of myself here, but never get around to it

and we should wear name tags with our posters name on them

I'll bring my long pants, but I prefer not to wear them. It's suicidal to wear long pants were I live. Although I'd imagine San Diego is a lot cooler.

Comment

Old town is less than a mile from the ocean, but in an area where the breeze is fairly dead. Temperatures should be mid-high 60's, partly or mostly cloudy and fairly humid.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                                I have a digital camera as well. I can take pictures. I keep meaning to post a picture of myself here, but never get around to it

and we should wear name tags with our posters name on them

I'll bring my long pants, but I prefer not to wear them. It's suicidal to wear long pants were I live. Although I'd imagine San Diego is a lot cooler.
                                It's been pretty warm recently,which is why I'm not up to wearing them.
                                Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Working...
                                X