Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ahhhh. Right before the All-Star game and my team is 8.5 up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He is still one of the AL's (if not baseball') finnest closers.

This year Foulke and MacDougal deserve to be the 1 and 2 closers at the All-Star game.

you are 100% wrong buddy...

No, he's 100% right! If a white manager said that blacks player better in the heat because they were bred that way?! He'd be out on his ass right now!

but eventually (and I won't speculate on when) he will even out.

Everyone runs out .
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

No, he's 100% right! If a white manager said that blacks player better in the heat because they were bred that way?! He'd be out on his ass right now!
      Perhaps... but so would any OTHER BLACK MANAGER. If Jerry Manuel said that, he'd be gone. Dusty is considered to be "black Jesus" in Chicago. Rightly or wrongly so... it's the truth. Dusty didn't get fired because he was Dusty... not because of the color of his skin.

Everyone runs out
      before the end of next season... that's the maximum limit I put on both Willis and Loaiza, in terms of awesome numbers.
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Um... he didn't say that no OTHER BLACK MANAGER wouldn't have gotten fired... but no other black manager made those statements except Dusty .

If Tony LaRussa, legend, would have said it, he'd be gone.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

The Royals are 3 1/2 games up on the Twins and I'm loving it! They might actually make the playoffs this year!

Of course, I'll be in Japan during the playoffs, so I'll probably only be able to watch Mariners and Yankees games.

That, combined with the crime that is Hideki Matsui starting for the AL, has given me some issues with Japanese baseball fans. Hopefully I want have to kick anyone's ass while I'm over there.
          KH FOR OWNER!
          ASHER FOR CEO!!
          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
            Um... he didn't say that no OTHER BLACK MANAGER wouldn't have gotten fired... but no other black manager made those statements except Dusty .

If Tony LaRussa, legend, would have said it, he'd be gone.
            His point was that Dusty didn't get fired SOLELY because he's black... and that's 100% wrong... any other BLACK MANAGER would have been fired. As I said before, Dusty didn't get fired BECAUSE he's Dusty... black Jesus extraordinaire.
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharpe
              In my opinion, it is really 8 in a row for the Braves so far.

That is still very very impressive, but they would not have won in 1994 as Montreal was pulling away from the Braves (6.5 game lead in mid-August IIRC).
              The Braves came back from 9 games out against the Giants one year, though I don't know how late in the season they were back 9 games.

Comment

The really nice thing about the Braves winning the WS is that was the very same day I bought my first Pentium class computer with the internet just ready to go. I had entered the net age.

And the Braves won the WS on a Glavine masterpiece and a Justice homer. Thank you, Tommy. You may suck now, but you didn't then, when it counted.

Comment

right now I want to kill JohnT and the entire braves franchise.... You see, I was born in flushing meadows.

Like it or not, 2003 is braves as to 1998 is yankees as to 2000 is seattle as to 2002 is A's...
                  :-p

Comment

Working...
                  X