Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ahhhh. Right before the All-Star game and my team is 8.5 up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In my opinion, it is really 8 in a row for the Braves so far.

That is still very very impressive, but they would not have won in 1994 as Montreal was pulling away from the Braves (6.5 game lead in mid-August IIRC).

Comment

That Montreal team was great . Shame they had to break it up . Maybe then they wouldn't have been such a wreck now.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

cubs-bosox world series! remember you heard it here first!

Comment

If Glavine had gone to any other team, he wouldn't be a traitor....but the Mets?

ACK
          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

If Dusty Baker is still there....maybe.

If Dusty was white, he would have already been fired. This is not a racist statement by the way.

ACK!

Comment

I know it ain't. It's 100% true. Apparently there are some things that black managers can say that white managers cannot... even if the words are exactly the same.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

I don't even disagree with Baker, I think he makes a point. But a white manager wouldn't get away with it.

On the other hand, eventually either we will take comments like his and give them little disregard, whether from black, white, or other race.

Or, the manager will be fired, whether black, white, or other race.

Either way, equality is acheived.

ACK!

Comment

He makes a point... but I think a dumb one. There is no proof of this at all . Why would a white pitcher growing up in NYC get tired in the heat faster than a black pitcher growing up in NYC? Wouldn't the black one retain more heat?

Comment

Never having been black, I can't tell you.

Maybe you should ask AS.

ACK!

Comment

YANKEES!!!

Take that Boston

I think it absurd that the league that wins the all star game will get home field advantage in the orld Series: its an exhibition game for darns sake.
                      If you don't like reality, change it! me
                      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by GePap

YANKEES!!!

Take that Boston

I think it absurd that the league that wins the all star game will get home field advantage in the orld Series: its an exhibition game for darns sake.
                        Not anymore, it's not. Whether you like the idea or hate it, the game does have a little meaning now.

ACK!

Comment

You know what I liked about this All-Star Game? The players/managers get to vote on a large part of the reserves. Good stuff . More deserving players get picked and not just the manager's favorite players.

Comment

what happens if theres a tie?

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                              You know what I liked about this All-Star Game? The players/managers get to vote on a large part of the reserves. Good stuff . More deserving players get picked and not just the manager's favorite players.
                              i can't forgive them for not picking clemens, he's as "all-star" as you can get

Comment

There is no chance in Hell of that occuring now... there are now a minimum of 5 Starting pitchers... one will be kept in reserve in case of extra innings, no doubt.

Comment

Working...
                                X