Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ahhhh. Right before the All-Star game and my team is 8.5 up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
    You know what I liked about this All-Star Game? The players/managers get to vote on a large part of the reserves. Good stuff . More deserving players get picked and not just the manager's favorite players.
    Even that doesn't always work:

How in hell can Dontrell Willis (8-1, 2.13 ERA) NOT be on the team?

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

They changed how All satrs get picked: team players vote for them, not newspaper people or fans: it seems the Yankee players were tardy in filling their ballots, and thus so few Yankees made it in.

I mean, no Mariano Rivera as a closer for the AL?
      If you don't like reality, change it! me
      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
        They changed how All satrs get picked: team players vote for them, not newspaper people or fans: it seems the Yankee players were tardy in filling their ballots, and thus so few Yankees made it in.

You mean pitchers?

The fans haven't picked them for as long as I can remember....

Rivera only has 15 saves besides.

ACK!

Comment

If Dusty was white, he would have already been fired. This is not a racist statement by the way.
          you are 100% wrong buddy...

the team on the South Side is the affirmative action team... not the Cubs.
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski

You mean pitchers?

The fans haven't picked them for as long as I can remember....

Rivera only has 15 saves besides.

ACK!
            He was injured for a while. He is still one of the AL's (if not baseball') finnest closers.
            If you don't like reality, change it! me
            "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
            "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
            "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

How in hell can Dontrell Willis (8-1, 2.13 ERA) NOT be on the team?

Eh.. he's a rookie. Players want him to prove himself before he goes to the game.

What, you expect NO snubs?

He hasn't been that hot this year. Foulke and the MacDougal were better. And you needed some players from the **** teams.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Eh.. he's a rookie. Players want him to prove himself before he goes to the game.
                a flash in the pan... just like Louiza on the South Side...
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                  a flash in the pan... just like Louiza on the South Side...
                  You can't say that right now, maybe after the All-Star break if he loses a few games in a row, but now you can't.

ACK!

Comment

You can't say that right now,
                    I can say anything I want... the White Sox aren't going any where. Misery loves company. Once MLB figures Louiza (sp?) out, they'll put runs up on the board against him.
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                      I can say anything I want... the White Sox aren't going any where. Misery loves company. Once MLB figures Louiza (sp?) out, they'll put runs up on the board against him.
                      I meant Willis, Esteban is a flash in the pan.

ACK!

Comment

I meant Willis
                        Willis is a flash, too. He was in the Cubs farm system... trust me, he's not spectacular. His luck will run out.
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Loaiza? He's been a vetern in the league, who just finally got a decent pitching coach. What are they going to 'figure out' against him. Sure this won't last, but I'd be suprised if he doesn't win 18 games with an ERA under 4.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Loaiza? He's been a vetern in the league, who just finally got a decent pitching coach. What are they going to 'figure out' against him. Sure this won't last, but I'd be suprised if he doesn't win 18 games with an ERA under 4.
                            yeah I can never remember how to spell his damn name

he just changed his pitching repetoire... he does it almost every year (hence the dropoff in win % and ERA in his career after the first two months)... this year he's been effective... but it will catch up with him and he'll level off.
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Naw, don't think so. He's been pitching very well... striking guys out (which shows he'll keep being good this year). I think he won't keep this up forever, but he won't fall apart THIS year.

He'll be this year's Derek Lowe... then go back to .500 next year.

Comment

but he won't fall apart THIS year
                                oh I agree... I think he'll keep it up... but eventually (and I won't speculate on when) he will even out.
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X