Who is st_swithin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by st_swithin
    What I want to know is what REALLY happened to Alan Turing. I heard he got himself 'disappeared' under 'mysterious circumstances'.
    He killed himself with cyanide.

Only feebs vote.

Comment

Yeah, but that always seemed a little, well, ODD to me, you know?

1) Most poisons are almost always administered. People who commit suicide aren't exactly looking to suffer MORE just to gain an end.

Cyanide Description: As a gas, cyanide is colorless and has a sharp, pepper-like odor. There are two kinds of cyanide, hydrogen cyanide and cyanogen chloride (cyanogen chloride turns into hyrdogen cyanide inside the body).

Effects: They are blood agents that interfere with the use of oxygen in the body. But cyanogen chloride has strong irritating and choking effects on the eyes and respiratory tract, unlike hyrdogen cyanide. Liquid forms of cyanide will burn skin and eyes. Cyanide acts quickly, but only large amounts are deadly. Cyanide poisoning can be treated with inhaled amyl nitrate, or intravenous sodium nitrite and sodium thiosulfate.

I just have a hard time believing that he would have taken such a painful and grisly way out (I mean, given the option, seppuku actually sounds pretty good...)
      -30-

Comment

People have always taken poison. I really don't know, but he was plently depressed. It's alll real sad.
        Only feebs vote.

Comment

the pain isnt that bad, if you consider how fast it kills... CIA and KBG used it (or planned to use it) for assasinations and stuff.

anyway, ive only seen st_swithin a few times. nice to meet you. but i really am a noob. Ive been here for 13 months now, and i still feel like an outsider
          "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
          - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
          Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

and no more short fat hairy men from texas jokes

Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

you're not an outsider, Kramerman.
              urgh.NSFW

Comment

Yeah, Azazel reserves that status for me.
                American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
                I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
                Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
                XGalaga.

Comment

agreed, Azazel. You're only what you consider yourself.

Myself, I like to think of myself as a bit above a beginner and far, far below expert:

Sophomoron.

That's me!
                  -30-

Comment

I'm not a Softmoron. I don't have enough fat to be soft. I guess that makes me a Hardmoron.
                    American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
                    I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
                    Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
                    XGalaga.

Comment

Originally posted by Azazel
                      you're not an outsider, Kramerman.

coming from another "noob" that isnt exactly reassuring... j/k

Comment

Noobs have to band together.

Comment

Kramerman: That's because I am an OT fiend. Trip, OTOH, is a DG spam shark.
                          urgh.NSFW

Comment

yeah, other than the Picture thread and story forum, i practically havent set foot outside of the OT since I got my custom avatar

Comment

I apperciate the "King" title, though. That's why the "other games" forum is good.
                              urgh.NSFW

Comment

BTW: St_Leo:

I'll buy you the Netherlands for your birthday right after I win that Oscar for Best Actress in a Comedic Political Spoof Movie, ok?

Will you be content with Norway? I hear Bill Gates will buy that for you if you ask real nice

'noob' rhymes with 'boob'.
                                -30-

Comment

Working...
                                X