Laid back Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
    Regardless of weather they are "really" having sex, involving underage actors in sexually explicit scenes trumps censorship.

I think that's Bull personally. Movies portray reality. This is portraying what happens in real life (ie, people under the age of 16 or 18 have sex ). Since it is not actually underage sex, I see nothing wrong with it at all. The reality is what matters, IMO, contrary to BC's idea .
    I think you misunderstood me. So I edited my above post.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
      Asher, you're not noted for having moderate views.
      But that's just me.
      I may not be moderate, but I sure as hell am correct.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

It's a seed planted.

No, idiot! Not that kind of seed!

A seed of instigating, insinuating, and insincerity, as Jackie Childs might say.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
          Maybe you should get over the fact that kids will have sex, and it's not going to hurt anyone to pretend to for a film?
          I realize that kids are going to have sex. I actually remember fulfilling that concept. Using underage kids in sexu8ally explicit situations is exploitation. The are not legally (or emotionally for the most part) ready to make those choices. (Hence the term underage ). This speaks nothing to the fact of what kind of people want to go and watch underage kids having sex (real or pretend)? All around it is a bad idea to involve kids in this situation. Could there be that exceptional kid capable of making that decision? Probably. But how would we really know until we say the effect it had on their adult life?
          "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO1003
            But how would we really know until we say the effect it had on their adult life?
            Indeed I bet every 16 year old boy would be absolutely traumatized by having 5-6 seconds of on-screen pretend sex under covers.

In fact, it's probably their worst nightmare.

We're not talking about 8 year olds having sex, they're 15/16...
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

I think you misunderstood me. So I edited my above post

Ah, I see now . I agree totally
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Indeed I bet every 16 year old boy would be absolutely traumatized by having 5-6 seconds of on-screen pretend sex under covers.

In fact, it's probably their worst nightmare.

We're not talking about 8 year olds having sex, they're 15/16...
                Indeed it could be.
                "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

tan()

Indeed it could be.
                  In fact my worst nightmare is engaging in sexual intercourse with more than one partner. It would be horribly immoral and disgusting, and certainly traumatizing.

I mean, it's just not natural.

On the other hand, it is perfectly natural for kids not to masturbate and to abstain from sex until they are married and 18.

It's all about being natural, baby.

Comment

How old are you, Asher?
                    Older than 16. And I remember your being traumatized.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                      How old are you, Asher?
                      Older than 16. And I remember your being traumatized.
                      Eh? I was "traumatized" for a different reason, and I assure you it was not pretend sex.

Comment

Re: tan()

In fact my worst nightmare is engaging in sexual intercourse with more than one partner. It would be horribly immoral and disgusting, and certainly traumatizing.
                        How about your evil co-worker showing the film of that to your conservative boss when your up for that big promotion at 35 years old?? Bet his decision would be a natural also.

Comment

Re: Re: tan()

How about your evil co-worker showing the film of that to your conservative boss when your up for that big promotion at 35 years old?? Bet his decision would be a natural also.

For an acting part in a movie?

A better question would be why your 35+ year old coworker was looking for a movie in which you, as a minor, pretended to have sex.

And if your boss declined your promotion because you were an actor, well,

Comment

And if your boss declined your promotion because you were an actor
                            ...in a sexually explicit film.

Welcome to reality...

Comment

...in a sexually explicit film.

Welcome to reality...
                              Why don't you come back to reality, you think Ken Park is sexually explicit?

Why don't you see the movie man, the sex "explicitness" involves moving covers for a few seconds.

Comment

"Ken Park," a provocative film
                                Its underage sex scenes and graphic violence led Australian authorities to refuse it a classification
                                No, I haven't seen the movie. I am basing my thoughts upon the above quotes. It surely leads one to believe that it is more than moving sheets. But okay, let's say this film is acceptable. That doesn't change the notion that exploitation of underage people is a bad thing all aaround.

Comment

Working...
                                X