Major NHL News!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brilliant.
    "I wrote a song about dental floss but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?" -Frank Zappa
    "A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue, but moderation in principle is always a vice."- Thomas Paine
    "I'll let you be in my dream if I can be in yours." -Bob Dylan

Comment

ESPN has a forum? I never knew that!
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
        ESPN has a forum? I never knew that!
        Yeah.

It's mostly full of trolls though (and I mean full of in the literal sense), so I only go there to see reactions to things like this trade and such.

Comment

Yes they will. I have always hated the Cowboys. But, since I moved to Texas I have rooted for them, since they ARE on every damn week.
          I think you are forgetting the best damn team in Texas...the Texans....GO TEXANS!!! This year we are winning 7 games...just barely will miss the playoffs
          I just don't know anymore.

Comment

R.I.P. Roman Lyashenko
            "I wrote a song about dental floss but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?" -Frank Zappa
            "A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue, but moderation in principle is always a vice."- Thomas Paine
            "I'll let you be in my dream if I can be in yours." -Bob Dylan

Comment

In other Blackhawk's news...

I read today in the Daily Herald (a local Chicago Metro Area paper) that Mike Smith believes:
              "There's nobody who is going to improve our team," Smith said of those prospects at last week's camp.
              from http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/col_sassone.asp

but then later he says, "We're looking to significantly improve our team."

YEAH MIKE THAT"S WHY YOU LET KARIYA AND SELANNE GO TO COLORADO AND DARIEN HATCHER GO TO DETROIT. YOU SUCK. I WANT YOU AND THE WIRTZ FAMILY TO DIE!
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

This story is nothing compared to what the Lakers are about to pull off in the NBA. Shaq, Kobe, Payton and Malone on the same team? Unbelievable.
                KH FOR OWNER!
                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Shaq, Kobe, Payton and Malone on the same team?
                  That would be a disaster... 4 guys who need the ball... there wouldn't be room on that bench with all the egos.
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

That would be a disaster... 4 guys who need the ball... there wouldn't be room on that bench with all the egos.

I don't think Payton and Malone would cause problems; they're both taking huge pay cuts to get their shot at the title, so I'm pretty sure their egos aren't out of control. Kobe and Shaq may still be having their stupid little feud, but that would still be there even without Payton and Malone. This is a genius move for the Lakers; if they end up signing Malone, the championship is theirs.
                    KH FOR OWNER!
                    ASHER FOR CEO!!
                    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten

I don't think Payton and Malone would cause problems; they're both taking huge pay cuts to get their shot at the title, so I'm pretty sure their egos aren't out of control. Kobe and Shaq may still be having their stupid little feud, but that would still be there even without Payton and Malone. This is a genius move for the Lakers; if they end up signing Malone, the championship is theirs.
                      It's not just about ego, its about touches. 4 stars is 3 too many. This is the cause of the Shaq/Kobe feud, the reason McGrady left Toronto, and the reason Pippen was never really happy with the Bulls.

Other things to consider - it is hard to teach old dogs new tricks. How many people think Malone and Payton will gel with the triangle offense? How well will Malone do without Stockton?

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                        If kobe gets popped on that Criminal sexual conduct, they're gonna need all the help they can get.
                        "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

Working...
                        X