No announcement yet.

Major NHL News!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cowboys will have the best defensive secondary in the NFL.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
      Yes they will. I have always hated the Cowboys. But, since I moved to Texas I have rooted for them, since they ARE on every damn week.

Once they are good, I'll hate them again.

It sucks hating lousy teams.

ACK!
      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Too bad that's all the Cowgirls have going for them.
        KH FOR OWNER!
        ASHER FOR CEO!!
        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Unfortunetly they'll all be in federal prision .

---

As for the Avs... that's gonna be a great offense. Hopefully Aesbischer is good, because if they lose in the playoffs (even though they supposedly had a superior offense this last time) he's gonna get blamed.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

Unfortunetly they'll all be in federal prision .

---

As for the Avs... that's gonna be a great offense. Hopefully Aesbischer is good, because if they lose in the playoffs (even though they supposedly had a superior offense this last time) he's gonna get blamed.
            These Cowboys seem to have better character, except the one involved with the hit and run.....and the one shot outside the strip bar............

ummmmmm......

GO AVS!!!!!

ACK!
            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

These Cowboys seem to have better character, except the one involved with the hit and run.....and the one shot outside the strip bar............

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

How could you pass over the BIGGEST signing of the day???

Marchant goes to Columbus for 19 mil over... 5 years, was it? Ah well, he was good as gone anyway. We can replace him. It should be interesting to see him placed with Nash, though.

As for Colorado: Uh, good signings. Yep. But... don't get Joseph. They say he be cursed! I'd stick with the decent Aebischer, or maybe go for... crap, I don't know. Hackett's already signed. Potvin? No. Maybe see if the Rangers'll part with one of their FOUR great goalies (Blackburn, Markkannen, Richter, Dunham)... Blah.

Speaking of Markkannen... That draft pick better pay off, Lowe. Frig. I liked Jussi!
                "I wrote a song about dental floss but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?" -Frank Zappa
                "A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue, but moderation in principle is always a vice."- Thomas Paine
                "I'll let you be in my dream if I can be in yours." -Bob Dylan

Comment

Originally posted by cinch

Marchant goes to Columbus for 19 mil over... 5 years, was it? Ah well, he was good as gone anyway. We can replace him. It should be interesting to see him placed with Nash, though.
                  Only Oilers and Blue Jackets fans care about that one. Marchant isn't fit to play for the Habs (and I'm a Leafs fan_.

As for Colorado: Uh, good signings. Yep. But... don't get Joseph. They say he be cursed! I'd stick with the decent Aebischer, or maybe go for... crap, I don't know. Hackett's already signed. Potvin? No. Maybe see if the Rangers'll part with one of their FOUR great goalies (Blackburn, Markkannen, Richter, Dunham)... Blah.
                  I want to see Joseph playing for the Nashville Predators. Serves him right for snubbing the Leafs.
                  Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by cinch

Marchant goes to Columbus for 19 mil over... 5 years, was it?
                    Overpaid. He's a career 20-goal guy, albeit a fast-as-greased-lightning one. And why Columbus? Kiss the playoffs goodbye, Todd.

As for Colorado: Uh, good signings. Yep. But... don't get Joseph. They say he be cursed! I'd stick with the decent Aebischer, or maybe go for... crap, I don't know. Hackett's already signed. Potvin? No.
                    Actually, I figure there's only three possibilities: Potvin or Storr from the UFA list, or Khabibulin from Tampa. Either of the first two can be had for $3-4 million, perhaps less for Storr. The sour ending of the Tampa season for Khabibulin may prompt a trade, and being across conference lines makes it more palatable for Tampa to deal the last piece of the puzzle to Colorado. Khabibulin will make $4.4 million next season, so it's still substantially less than what they were paying Roy.

Although Lacroix has said he wants to start the season with Aebischer. Couldn't hurt; even if he gives up 3 goals per game, that offense could easily pop in 4 or 5 .

Colorado will be one fun team to watch next season, hopefully enough to erase the sour taste of "defense, defense, defense!" hockey that got done to death in this year's playoffs.
                    "If you doubt that an infinite number of monkeys at an infinite number of typewriters would eventually produce the combined works of Shakespeare, consider: it only took 30 billion monkeys and no typewriters." - Unknown

Comment

THE BLACKHAWKS PICKED UP SCOTT NICHOL!!!!
                      whoopity fricking do! someone shoot me in the face
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

cinch, don't mean to sound like a jerk, but it's actually Markkanen. You got the first name correctly though

I say Colorado needs to get Khabibulin.
                        In da butt.
                        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Maybe see if the Rangers'll part with one of their FOUR great goalies (Blackburn, Markkannen, Richter, Dunham)... Blah.

Eh, Richter is done. You don't want him. He probably won't want to play anymore .

Comment

The only recent sports news scarier than this is the possibility that the Lakers might get both Gary Payton and Karl Malone at bargain-basement prices.

Oh well, the Mighty Duck ride was fun.
                            CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
                            Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
                            Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
                            Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

Go Colorado!

Unfortunately, this is usually the kind of stage that's set for a horrible season, where everyone cries "What went wrong?!?!"

Let's just hope that doesn't happen.

Comment

A thread I saw at ESPN's forum:

Comment

Working...
                                X