Whut would Jesus REALLY do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whut would Jesus REALLY do?

I believe the phrase "whut would jesus do" and all incarnations of it ("this is whut jesus would do", "jesus told me to", etc.) are wrong. Jesus is not some all-occassions excuse to do things. For example, let's take a few examples:

"Jesus would have invaded Iraq"
    Jesus would have probably gone there, told a few parables, done a few miracles, gathered most of the population to his side, and at the most, organise a general rebellion against Saddam.

"Jesus didn't like that [reference to God in vain]"
    There are much more important things out there. He'd probably laugh at the joke, make a mental note to bump that person down on the List, and go with some buddies for a beer.

"Who are you to be Jesus and [do whutever]"
    For example, genetic engineering? Jesus would probably be miffed at his own pop's creation getting ****ed up, but if God didn't see it coming and hadn't planned for it then do you really think he would be the right religious choice?

Call me blasphemous or whutever, but Jesus wasn't some dude who went around handing out plagues and punishments. He seems like a good buddy who goes by a good set of standards and that's how our modern media tries to portray him. (Aside from the punishing one.) Seriously, do you really think the guy can't poke fun at himself or is so sensitive that you'll burn in hell for making a joke?

Discuss.
    meet the new boss, same as the old boss

who careS?
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Managed to post here before this thread got closed
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Why exactly would it be closed?

Comment

Because that's what Jesus would do
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Total speculation. Who knows?

Important thing is - what is best solution to a problem?
            Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
            "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

Jesus would put homosexuals in jail!
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Pekka--Jesus would just leave it alone and bump me down a few places on the List.

Cruddy--

Comment

Jesus would give tax cuts to the richest Americans!
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Silly Sava, Jesus would just convince all the homosexuals that they are wrong .
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Jesus would follow God's orders and have all non-religious people and religious minorities rounded up and stoned to death.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Sava, apparently the thread is lockbait enough as it is And I think he'd just let them go on. Is there really some kind of hideous apocalypse for people who believe in God (or are general do-gooders) but don't **** the opposite sex? If so, where did Jesus communicate this message? It's not really publicised.

Comment

Well I think Jesus was more about forgiving people their mistakes, no matter how bad they were and concentrated on what we can do now, and not punishing. There's no absolute truth, so that's my opinion on this matter.
                          In da butt.

Comment

Sorry, I can't resist the quote:

"New feelings brewing in Duffman. What...would Jesus do?"
                            "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

1. he'd become a rock star

2. nobody ****s with the Jesus

Comment

Working...
                              X