Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any First World War veterans alive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Albert... write a novel then and sell it to Hollywood.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

"The Blue Max"

"Oh! What a lovely war" (Musical)
      Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
      "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
        I think there was actually a movie about the Red Baron.

I guess that is the one thing about WW1, is the romaticising about fighter pilots.
        fighter pilot was a pretty ghetto affair in wwI. pilots use to wave at each other in the beginning of the war as they passed by till some idiot took a gun up and shot at the other guy. spoil sport.

Comment

In fact, "History Line 1914-1918" is quite a cool WWI game

Comment

Wings is OK if you can tolerate mid 80s 3D graphics...
            Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
            "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

I can't. hl14-18 only uses sprites though, and has nice background music.

Comment

It is not ignored. If there is a bias for WWII, then one possible reason might be that the means of documentation had improved.

Some WWI links (especially the first one is nice):

The last one features some rare audio samples.

Carolus

Comment

Working...
                X