Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any First World War veterans alive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

given how many loose ends were left to be dealt with decades later.
    and are still being dealt with...
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava

Of course TV wasn't the only thing... that's not even what I said in the first place... you're the one who singled out TV...
      What??? No I wasn't! And I challenge you to quote me on that, form earlier on this thread.

and nobody cares about Panama because it was insignificant... you think TV isn't playing a huge part in people's interest of the two Gulf Wars?
      Without TV we might not have had either of those wars, given how important the image is to todays politics, and it was images of 9/11 transmitted by TV that made the second Iraq war possible.
      If you don't like reality, change it! me
      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I like WW I more than WW II. I prefer the meat grinder style of mass destruction and death of WW I much more. And besides, when planes and tank comes in the screen, its less of a focus on the mass slaughter of infantries..

Well, seriously.. WW I isnt left out in the cold. Alot of great pacifist anti-war novels were written based on WWI. WWII doesnt have so much antiwar message novels cause its all about "All-american-fight-for-whats-right-feel-good-heros-win" war.
        :-p

Comment

And I challenge you to quote me on that, form earlier on this thread.
          okay...

I said:
          there are lots... but again, most are based upon written accounts or black and white pictures. The amount of motion picture footage from WW2 is staggering compared to WW1.
          you said:
          WW1 has been ingored since WW2, and TV has nothing to do with it.
          game set match... next?
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by GePap

What??? No I wasn't! And I challenge you to quote me on that, form earlier on this thread.

Originally posted by GePap

I'm telling you Sava TV is the ONLY reason that WW2 is more "popular." You're also a d1ck.
            We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Ted
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Go to your local marine office, hold up pictures of dead US soldiers and tell them war is cool.
                I happen to think millions of men dying and crying and being emotionally broken down all for ****s and giggles is just down right hilarious. no, seriously. I think thats why god lets us do it.

Comment

1. Nobody won
                  2. It led to WW2
                  3. There were massive human rights abuses on all sides
                  4. There are no color pictures or movies of it (if it's not on TV, then Americans don't know it happened)
                  Sorry, but no game for you!

Comment

zero...
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I think a WW1 game might be fun. It'd have to be like a spy during the war FPS... or maybe an RPG as the war is going on. Something fun like that.
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Sorry, but no game for you!
                        Yeah... Americans now... notice that's in parenthesis... I specified color pictures and movies... then making a tongue-in-cheek remark about the attention span of Americans. Don't blame me if you misinterept my posts.
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Make ur own WWI game!

Load up starcraft
                          - Play as terran.
                          -Build only ghost, marine and firebat for offense
                          -Bunker and siege tank as defense.

There you have it folks

Comment

marines have automatic weapons... and what about stimpacks? that throws a cog in your machine!!!
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Your whole notion that the amount of visual info of it, regardless of the medium is silly. Which is why I bring up Korea. There is more than enough footage form Korea to fill many documentaries. but they are not made. It's not the amount of footage that matters, but how the war affected the overall society and the state's place in the world.

In the UK WW1 is huge becuase it came to be seen as a huge watse of British men and it did set the Brits up for a huge set of downfalls after it, plus it changed society greaty (the end of Home rule in Ireland, the end of Edwardian soceity, women'r suffrage).

Comment

marines have automatic weapons... and what about stimpacks? that throws a cog in your machine!!!
                                It still wont matter. I dont think u can break thru the bunker+siege tank behemoth with those.

Besides Its a lot nicer this way (getting them high on stimpack 2 min before dying.. )

Comment

Working...
                                X