Could Bush REALLY have said that?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

**** education. There I said it.
    Diss, you've many times proved with your absurd arguments, full of twisted logic, that you're white trash. I don't care a lot about what you say, and I don't think that others do, either.

Sorry. Don't hurt the messenger.

did you ever think of restructuring the education program to make it more efficient
    Yes, it needs a radical reconstruction, from what I've heard. Simply cutting funds off doesn't sound too radical, for me, that is.

Comment

Bush isn't some religious nut. I dont recall his father being that way. He only pretends to be to get the conservative vote.

Diss is right. This Bush is more similar to Clinton than the conservatives would like to admit: an amazing ability to secure funding for himself and the party, and playing extremely well for the constituancies that have supported him--in this case, the evangelical christians.
      B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Tuomerehu

Diss, you've many times proved with your absurd arguments, full of twisted logic, that you're white trash. I don't care a lot about what you say, and I don't think that others do, either.

Sorry. Don't hurt the messenger.

Yes, it needs a radical reconstruction, from what I've heard. Simply cutting funds off doesn't sound too radical, for me, that is.
        I'm sorry, but you don't understand until you've been to my state.

There is nothing more despicable than democrats (and many republicans too) holding our children hostage financially trying to raise taxes.

We are "forced", yes I said forced to increase spending on education any time they want it. because if we refuse, they will say we don't care about educating our kids.

No matter what, the schools can extract any amount of money they want from us. They have no responsiblity to spend that money well. Most of that money goes to administators who make over 100,000 dollars a years. Very little makes it to the teachers and students. I am disgusted in the whole education system in america.

Comment

The American founding fathers probably did believe that all men have "God Given" rights to freedom , and so he is playing the patriotic note.
          The founding fathers were mostly diests who turned down any attempt at church invading the state.
          ---
          you know what else is odd... how only a few percent of americans are athiests and yet the demand the leaders of the country to be athiests too
          This is another myth fundies use to try to be patriotic. (I'm not calling the first Quotee a fundie or patriotic btw.) Can you imagine building churches to house those 270 million Americans that go every week and are True Born-Again Christians? Housing isn't the only problem. In an environment where NO religion is pushed at all on a child, don't you say he has an equal chance of being any religion? However, Christianity is being shoved down your kid's throat on a daily basis.
          meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Christianity is shoved down your throat? Not mine.

And I was pretty gullible when I was young. I believed all that crap the elementary schools and PBS said about treating women with respect- and look where it's got me .

Hell I was baptised a catholic, and I even went to some bible study school on saturdays or something. I really can't remember much, except how incredibly boring it was.

Yes I am not a christian in any way, shape, or form. I do have a spirtual side, but it is not christian in nature.

Once I stopped going to church as a kid, I never once heard anything about religion my whole childhood. I have never heard anything about religion in schools. True, I live in a pretty sinful town with little religion. But you'd be suprised how many churches we have here. Never once, did society "pressure" me into going to one of these churches. It's just a bunch of crap athiests whine about that isn't true

My point is that the only person that shoves relgion down your throat is your parents- if you go to a public school that is.

Comment

Working...
            X