Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could Bush REALLY have said that?

According to Abbas, immediately thereafter Bush said:
    "God told me to strike at al Qaida and I struck them, and then he instructed me to strike at Saddam, which I did, and now I am determined to solve the problem in the Middle East. If you help me I will act, and if not, the elections will come and I will have to
    focus on them."
    This is an UNCONFIRMED quote from GWB. The source is the Prime Minister of the PLA, M Abbas. I can't confirm it as true - this thread is more "Do you think Bush is motivated this way?"

Original source - Haaretz from Israel

What do you reckon? Going from past gaffes he has made, it could be true... I have my doubts
    Yes, that is Bush for sure
    28.13%
    He could have said it but it's doubtful he did
    34.38%
    No Bush could never have said that
    25.00%
    Bush receives the Word of the Great Banana
    12.50%
    Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
    "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Where's the gaffe?
    www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

"God told me to do it".

Now which other murderer said that?
      "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
      "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

It is more probable that he said "The big banana told me to do so".....
        Blah

Comment

Many people I know are motivated by this. For those of us left out of the revelation stakes .. it can seem kind of scarey, a kind of self justification by convincing yourself God has told you. For those that have had a revelation, they will likely be convinced that such things truelly did come from God.

As for GWB ?? I have no idea if he said this. The president may have faith that God told him, but without the support of the American people, he could not have done any of it, so kind of pointless how he arrived at the decision.
          "Wherever wood floats, you will find the British" . Napoleon

Comment

It would seem more likely to me to be a slight mistranslation from English to Arabic and back.

Bush has said before that he has prayed for guidance, and saying "God told me to ..." doesn't seem that far out of what you'd expect.
            When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

No but really..Bush is a great guy, and will serve eight years in office.
              www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

I'm pretty sure I caught a glimpse of Bush's car the other day. It had one of those bumper stickers that said "I do what the voices in my head tell me to do." Guess it's true then.

Comment

No but really..Bush is a great guy, and will serve eight years in office
                  Hitler was a nice guy in person and he was in office for 12 years, doesn't make his policies any less vile. hitlers probably a bad example for bods
                  "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                  "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Come on people, Are we really going to trust the words of the Palestinian Prime Minister? This is ridiculous!
                    'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
                    G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

Diplomat, that wasn't really the question... Do you think he could have said it?

Whether he did or not is moot (no evidence).
                      Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
                      "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

thats not very diplomatic , The Diplomat

I don't believe you can judge an individual based on his allegence to some nation.

However, if we want peace, you have to trust him, and let his deeds be the judge.

It really doesn't matter if GWB had received words from God or not, he could do nothing without the support of the American people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Viceroy
                          thats not very diplomatic , The Diplomat
                          Well, sometimes even in diplomacy you have to know when to just say it like it is.

I don't believe you can judge an individual based on his allegence to some nation.

However, if we want peace, you have to trust him, and let his deeds be the judge.
                          I wasn't trying to make a statement about the Peace Process. My point is that we are getting this quote from a secondary source, and one that may not necessarily be pro-US. So, I am questioning the accuracy of the quote.
                          'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
                          G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

I agree, its really not possible to say if its true or not .. my point was, it didn't matter if it was.

Comment

I can see him saying it. I can't see him saying it more than once.
                              meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Working...
                              X