Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could the US mount an industrial effort equal the effort of WW2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serb I will agree with you that at the heigt of the Soviet Union that they had way better tanks then the US (at least untill the Abrams came along) and that if SU invade Europe(lets say no nukes are used) the SU would win, well they could overun all of Europe before reinforcements arive and would result in long war though.

Now though I doubt Russia has the money to train or equipe its army very well. Also how many of your tanks that you got that number in the thousands are T-90, and how many are old tanks for WWII and other eras which could not stand a chance against modern tank??
    Donate to the American Red Cross.
    Computer Science or Engineering Student? Compete in the Microsoft Imagine Cup today!.

Comment

• Serb I will agree with you that at the heigt of the Soviet Union that they had way better tanks then the US (at least untill the Abrams came along) and that if SU invade Europe(lets say no nukes are used) the SU would win, well they could overun all of Europe before reinforcements arive and would result in long war though.
      Tom Clancey, David Floyd, GP, and MtG don't think so.
      You are very unpatriotic American.
      Now though I doubt Russia has the money to train or equipe its army very well. Also how many of your tanks that you got that number in the thousands are T-90, and how many are old tanks for WWII and other eras which could not stand a chance against modern tank??
      I don't know such statisic unfortunately. I know however that modern Russian tank forces has three types of tanks: modernized T-72, T-90 and T-80U (which is the best tank in the world, much better than T-90) . Other types of tanks were put in reserve (in case if Chinese invade us I guess).
      Last edited by Serb; June 27, 2003, 05:36.

Comment

Working...
      X