Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody here play those dancing games at the arcade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elok
    I'm told they're great fun to play when you're drunk.
    They are indeed

Comment

Never tried drunk.
      A friend of mine corrupted me once at an arcade (we work in a cinema so its actually in our work area) and got me hooked.
      He now has it at home and we play very often.
      I can do almost all standard and some heavy, but I started only a few months ago.

Comment

It's funny to see how popular Dance Dance Revolution is in China, where most people (young and old alike) seem to be missing the gene that controls dancing. Most Chinese pople can't dance to save themselves - many can't even pick out the beat of a song, not even in dance music with blasting, pounding beats!

At our school's Christmas party last year, we were treated to the spectacle of about 100 of our students attempting to cut the rug. A British teacher said it reminded him of a similar party when he taught at a school for children with mental disabilities.

Maybe we need more Dance Dance Revolution machines over here!
        Official Homepage of the HiRes Graphics Patch for Civ2

Comment

White people saying that other races don't have rythm(sp). It boggles the mind.

My lovely wife gave me $20 worth of tokens to the local arcade for fathers day, which is when I discovered that boxing game. I went yesterday to play some more... and the damned thing was broken.

Comment

Koreans love DDR.

And no, they can't dance. But they can flail very enthusiatically.

All my (girl) students play it.
            "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
            "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
            "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

Re: Anybody here play those dancing games at the arcade?

Originally posted by JohnT
              Quickly and with much embarrassment, I gave the machine up to a bunch of smirking, smart-ass punks.
              Oh, come on. Nobody can do it on their first try. Myself, I stood there and complained about how it couldn't be humanly possible.

Originally posted by monolith94 I'd pay good money for a virtual fencing game. Hell yeah.
              Oh my GOD, yes.

Originally posted by ixnay
              I am awesome at DDR - I can regularly pass standard songs, and heavy ones about 50% of the time.
              Um... that's not "awesome".
              I'm about as good as you are, but really- consider that there are those who can combo the entirety of, say, an 8-foot song. With the arrows turned off.
              On the other hand, maybe that's just pathetic.
              darkgrendel: DM, writer, and all-around raving lunatic.
              Proud member and administrator of the Wavy Club

And no, I'm not dead.

Comment

ddr? i've seen far more pump-it-up machines in korea than ddr machines...

btw... ddr has a version specifically for the korean market: it's called the korean mix, or some such, and features korean artists, kinda like pump-it-up.

the only real difference between ddr and piu is that ddr has up-down-left-right, while piu is up-right, up-left, center, down-right, down-left.
                B♭3

Comment

The arcade has others, it's just that DDR was the first Google hit when I typed up "arcade dancing games".

Comment

Working...
                  X